Originally Posted by CJMPinger
I found that in DOS2 it'd eventually spiral to being able to have multiple, also I had Fane ALWAYS carry around a barrel of poison for reasons. 5e Strength is more limited so once you are at 20 Strength, thats it, meaning that Barrelmancy would have less of a chance to spiral out of control, even with Casters who can produce floating disks or pocket spaces it'd still be limited.

Yeah, but I think you could only carry like 4-5 barrels maximum by DOS2 endgame with a character fully invested into Strength (cap of 40 without gear, 10 pounds per point of strength), because barrels were 70 weight there.

If barrels were the same weight in BG3, a character with 20 strength could probably only carry 3 maximum. But as they currently are, a weight of 10 is laughable and a character could carry a dozen without a problem.

Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Ok so this gets into something specific about barrels, where you wouldn't drag it, you would roll it. Which, theoretically you could do that stealthily - under the right conditions.

However, as DM I would insist - and this is SUPER important - that you play the right Theme Music while doing it.

Otherwise you go at disadvantage. :P

Fun story, I was in a session once where we found an underground brewery deep in the Undermountain near Waterdeep. There was a hallway that eventually led to a storage room for the barrels containing the wine that was being brewed before the area apparently became abandoned. It was obviously trapped with what we thought was a pitfall trap, which made us wonder how anyone could transport the barrels through. One of us said they had a stupid idea and decided to use a piece of equipment that gave them the ability to walk on walls to approach the trap sideways and press their hands against the floor to see if it was indeed a pitfall trap.

The DM instead jokingly insulted us for not coming up with the other stupid plan, which was to put ourselves in empty barrels and roll ourselves down the hallway over the traps.

(And some of the barrels in the storage rooms were trapped with mimics.)