Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
That said, 200,000 minimum sales for Solasta isn't bad, and actually pretty decent given the context. I don't think anyone was expecting earth-shattering numbers, but I also don't think anyone was expecting Pillars of Eternity II levels of bomba either, which was the bigger worry. I don't think POE2 ever made it past 500k despite it having a much higher budget than most other cRPGs. I think Pathfinder: Kingmaker has gone past 1 million at this point, but it had an extremely rocky start due to being an unfinished buggy mess at the time, but the base game was so strong that it flipped its reputation around completely once it got fixed and now enjoys insane word of mouth.
Yeah I think 200k in less than a month since release for a game with virtually zero publicity or name recognition is pretty damn good.

FYI, PoE2 has passed 1 million in sales. PoE1 and P:Km are about 2 million. And The Outer Worlds is at 3 million. These are actual numbers, publicly mentioned in some form or another by their respective devs/publishers, not Steamspy b.s.