I want to be clear about this, I did not read 30 pages of content wether this was.... Remotely solved or not.

I think the main issue behind changing the whole party movement system is the 3d aspect. Your characters can be "party movement" eligible whenever they within a certain distance if they are above bellow beside or "close enough". I been playing again a little before patch 5 and I tried to find posible solutions to the time it took to seperate them.

(I also want to specify I am playing this on a 10 years old PC that is WAY behind on everything this game is running on. I am playing the game at half the speed it should be running on. I am DEFINITELY aware of the time it takes to seperate a party member from another because it takes me up to 10 seconds to seperate them properly if I try to go too fast.)

I think having them One by One as the first step of the movement equation would be nice.

Getting to select in your party whoever could move together without needing to "chain mechanic" them together be another good movement option.

Lastly, having an hotkey for every closeby group member would also give an edge to this kind of mechanic.

I 100% feel the pain of seperating and joining members due to my graphical lag, It's a Major pain in the ass to deal with this lenght of seperation. I would welcome a seperate mechanic in the future.