Originally Posted by Nyloth
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Not sure this had been brought here but it looks like you don"t really "rest where you are".

It looks like you're teleported to a specific area that doesn't exist anywhere on the map (like the main camp) but with an environment that fit your previous location.

previous location? why not in the one where we are now? I think if we are in the underdark, then camp will be in the underdark, but not in the same place where we 'stay', but in this location. no? =0

Yeah I wrote "previous" meaning "the location you were when you click the long rest button".
Probably not the best way of explaining things.

I understand the thing about cutscenes but honnestly I thought they have got rid of those camp that are nowhere on the map.
Specific spot in the underdark and in several locations is perfectly fine but this thing with camp that only exist in another dimension is really sad.

This part of the resting system update looks really cool and it will definitely be "more" immersive which is very important to me. But if it works like the main camp it will still be very strange to rest in an area that can only be reached when you're teleported by a button on the UI.

I hope I'm wrong but when he's long resting in the crypt I don't recognize at all the camp location (light, statue, ...)

Maybe those areas has been added to the maps ???
So much questions ! Can't wait to play this patch 5!

Last edited by Maximuuus; 09/07/21 11:32 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus