Originally Posted by Dulany67
If this is BG3, Solasta is IWD. I would even say better than IWD, but the comparison holds. Unfortunately, this tells many people nothing. However, for those of a certain age there is really nothing else that needs to be said.

I agree.
20 years ago I enjoyed BG2 but I never finished IWD. Not because it was too difficult but because I got bored from tons of fighting while I forgot what the story was about.
In Solasta you create all party members too, but the devs tried to give each of them a personality based on your choices. Its not always perfect, but it helped me a lot to enjoy the game more than IWD with its totally soulless party members. Some talking and cut scenes in between also helped me to remember why I am in this dungeon.

I also think that Solasta is the most natural comparison to BG3, at least in terms of game mechanics and UI. Do you know another turn based computer RPG that is based on DnD 5E with a party of 4?
If swen said that you cannot make a good computer game out of DnD 5E without massive changes to the rules then Solasta proves that he is wrong.
Of course BG3 is better than Solasta in everything except game mechanics and UI. Show me somebody who finished Solasta by using only shove and throw, no attacks or magic.
Lets see what changes Swen has made for the coming updates.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi: