Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19
addict
addict
@dwig - yes, I had heard that it was some sort of time/implementation issue

in the end I went (sub-optimally perhaps) with marsh halfling for +2 dex so 20 dex gives 18(?)AC from the start, then bracers to bring it up. Concentrating on Blur almost permanently with fireshield thrown in when I get it. The reason for the Draconic was that it would allow me to get the best out of Quicken Spell Burning Hands since I was going to be on the front-line anyway.

But yes, High con hill dwarf Child of the Rift would be something interesting

Last edited by alice_ashpool; 15/07/21 04:37 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
@dwig - yes, I had heard that it was some sort of time/implementation issue

in the end I went (sub-optimally perhaps) with marsh halfling for +2 dex so 20 dex gives 18(?)AC from the start, then bracers to bring it up. Concentrating on Blur almost permanently with fireshield thrown in when I get it. The reason for the Draconic was that it would allow me to get the best out of Quicken Spell Burning Hands since I was going to be on the front-line anyway.

But yes, High con hill dwarf Child of the Rift would be something interesting
Im trying mana painter with quicken spell. The mana-stealing ability ( blood elf sorcerer of warcraft strong vibes here) sounds like fun.

I want to check if the transmuted spell works with the red draconic cha-based bonus damage but i didn´t reach lvl 6. Still miss the "identify" spell but some clerics and rogues have it. Fun class.

And the new visual modifications the bloodlines provide, like scales and stuff helps with hiding the faces so its a win-win.

Last edited by _Vic_; 15/07/21 05:17 PM.
veteran
veteran
In Solasta there are also feats that give you proficiency with a type of saves, with the name of the gods of Solasta. Same as the "resilient" feat but now you have one for every stat. That´s cool if you want to pick it several times.

Originally Posted by <Redacted>
<Redacted>
In the former patch the showed a placeholder for lvl 12 features, so It seems we could expect more content.

As a footnote, there´s not transmuted metamagic in this patch, it was a misread in my part. Stragely there´s not blue dragon draconic bloodline. I hope it´s an oversight.

[img]https://media.discordapp.net/attach...d-Spell-and-Twinned-Spell-1-640x130.webp[/img]

Last edited by Raze; 14/03/22 11:53 AM. Reason: deleted forum account
veteran
veteran
Solasta? What is this game? It doesn't exist. BG3 Patch 5 was just released. Nothing else exists.

veteran
Online Confused
veteran
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
i'll be honest, I don't like the idea of concentration.
I actually like it, or at least what it’s trying to do. I dislike unlimited buff stacking, so I welcome attempts to reign it in(be it PoEs forbidding to cast spells outside combat, D:OS2 buffs expiring quickly in real time, or concentration mechanic). It is not a perfect solution though.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Solasta? What is this game? It doesn't exist. BG3 Patch 5 was just released. Nothing else exists.

This is a very fun post to make in the wake of Pathfinder WotR beta phase 3 having been released the night before. :P

Kinda freaky that all three devs decided to release big updates in a 3 day window.

veteran
Online Confused
veteran
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
Kinda freaky that all three devs decided to release big updates in a 3 day window.
Isn’t it wonderful to have 3 RPG fighting for attention? I still have Wasteland3 to play, and Disco Elysium to replay. Good life.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Isn’t it wonderful to have 3 RPG fighting for attention? I still have Wasteland3 to play, and Disco Elysium to replay. Good life.
Too many good rpgs, so little time

It´s a good time to be alive

Okay... You all talked me into it (just like last time)... I have bought and am now downloading Solasta. Last time this forum talked me into a game it was Pathfinder: Kingmaker and I absolutely loved that one (it was everything I had hoped BG3 could be, minus the kick ass graphics)... so we'll see how Solasta goes.

Last edited by The_BlauerDragon; 16/07/21 02:23 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The_BlauerDragon
Okay... You all talked me into it (just like last time)... I have bought and am now downloading Solasta. Last time this forum talked me into a game it was Pathfinder: Kingmaker and I absolutely loved that one (it was everything I had hoped BG3 could be, minus the kick ass graphics)... so we'll see how Solasta goes.
If you loved Kingmaker (I did as well, even if it wasn't without its fair share of flaws) you should definitely keep an eye on Wrath of the Righteous as well.
It's shaping up to be an improvement on almost all fronts.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
T
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
T
Originally Posted by Vekkares
[quote=Terminator2020]Well first of all. I have already bought Baldur's Gate 3 and support this game. I have played Early Access.

I have not played Solasta so can not honestly speak from own experience.

They do not directly are competing since release date is so far away from each other. Solasta release date was May 27th 2021.
Baldur's Gate 3 release date is year 2022 or year 2023.

Well so you could buy both games and I do not criticize anyone doing that.

Baldur's Gate 3:
+ Cinematic effects and story!
+ Best graphics of these games.
+ Romance and perhaps even nudity.
+ Character creation is very visual...
+ Baldur's Gate 3 is an upcoming turn based RPG game that takes places in Forgotten Realms DnD setting in terms of lore this is a DnD nerds wet dream!
+ This is the only game of these that has officially multiplayer without any mods (cooperative play up to maximum 4 players can also be played solo).
+ Created by Larian Studios creators of huge success game Divinity Original Sin 2.
Neutral . Less strict to pen and paper rules then Solasta much less... but more or less based on DnD 5th edition rules.
+Super much versatility you can easily sink of hours into Early Access despite not all classes yet released.
+ If you want fully voice acted and cinematic experience and make your choices this is the game to play.
+ Excellent music and very good sound world (I cant comment on music and sound on Solasta have not played that.)
- This is the game that is most further away in development release date 2022 or 2023.
- There are so many changes coming but some balancing could be made now in patch 5 they make so in order to rest you need food so they are restricting resting. Well and Patch 5 release date is on Tuesday next week so now I do not know how that is going to be really with patch 5.
- The companions are sometimes well a bit annoying they are also making changes to companion behavior to less hostile and annoying again in patch 5 release.
- The camera control could be improved as it is now it is kind of ok but not very good.
I like BG3 very much rate it 9/10.

[/b]Going to answer to these items as its a game OP has played. I spent time with BOTH games and I can provide better feed back.

Baldur's Gate 3:
+ Cinematic effects and story! -[b] Is this a comparison or just a statement? They are both cinematic games with story telling.
+ Best graphics of these games. - I mean they are ok, but nothing to brag about.
+ Romance and perhaps even nudity. - Im not 12 and cannot think of a single game improved by "nudity". Get out more?
+ Character creation is very visual... - as it is in Solasta, which I feel has more options.
+ Baldur's Gate 3 is an upcoming turn based RPG game that takes places in Forgotten Realms DnD setting in terms of lore this is a DnD nerds wet dream! - Yes, but Larian is just making D:OS 3 in that setting, which makes me sad.
+ This is the only game of these that has officially multiplayer without any mods (cooperative play up to maximum 4 players can also be played solo).- Yes but without information on character saves/exports, youre just starting over every time you play with friends.
+ Created by Larian Studios creators of huge success game Divinity Original Sin 2. - It was successful in a niche market. I bought it and I hate it.
Neutral . Less strict to pen and paper rules then Solasta much less... but more or less based on DnD 5th edition rules. - More but less? There is too much D:OS in this game, not enough 5e
+Super much versatility you can easily sink of hours into Early Access despite not all classes yet released. - One playthrough, walked away angry I bought it. MEH at best.
+ If you want fully voice acted and cinematic experience and make your choices this is the game to play. - How do you know? Both were early access until recently and D:OS3 doesnt give you any idea what decision you make that might cause later issues, none.....can you give examples?
+ Excellent music and very good sound world (I cant comment on music and sound on Solasta have not played that.) - Exactly you dont know.
- This is the game that is most further away in development release date 2022 or 2023. - Yup and that sucks. It means we bought EA 2 years early, which is not how this should work - Star Citizen, looking at you!
- There are so many changes coming but some balancing could be made now in patch 5 they make so in order to rest you need food so they are restricting resting. Well and Patch 5 release date is on Tuesday next week so now I do not know how that is going to be really with patch 5. - Thursday now and honestly I hate resourcing for a rest. Just make a "survival mode" for the purist.
- The companions are sometimes well a bit annoying they are also making changes to companion behavior to less hostile and annoying again in patch 5 release. - They are always annoying - Rapey Vampire is gross - Grumpy Gith is annoying - Grumpy Elf is annoying - Magic Item eating Mage -no thanks - One eyed Warlock fencer - Bland as hell. Can I bring the skeleton that resurrects with me?
- The camera control could be improved as it is now it is kind of ok but not very good. - Its terrible, especially for none gamers. My wife wont play it until there is another camera option, which isnt a big deal as I dont want to play it as is.
I like BG3 very much rate it 9/10. - Its a 6.5/10 at best! That's being generous. They are already backing off some of the things they promised. No GM mode, no paladins. This game is going to be a shitty version of D&D because Larian is lazy and just wants to make D:OS 3.
Well here are my answers:
1. This game is not for children 12 years old or even teens. On STEAM sale is for 18+ people.
2. Nudity in fantasy games? Witcher 3 and Witcher 2 have lots of Nudity and people like them.
3. I am from Europe and I like nudity in games. Perhaps you are from USA with your wife since you hate nudity in games?
4. There will be Paladins in this game. This game will release in year 2022 or 2023 and is currently in very early Alpha. I don´t care very much if Paladin is released at year 2022 and not during this year personally, but if they release Paladin class even during this year sure that would be nice. This game will have more classes then Solasta had at release for certain they plan to include all classes in Players Handbook.
5. I agree with you and your wife that camera control could be much more better.
6. No GM mode? Yes I would like this game as 9,5/10 if they would have GM mode and adventures that people can make. Actually the best thing with Solasta is I think community can make new modules&adventures though Solasta is kind of Dungeon crawl more or less.
7. Graphics? This is not Starcitizen or Cyperpunk 2077 on PC or newest Battlefield game with with best graphics, but still fairly good and much better then Solasta with their characters that do look average or even ugly.
8. This game currently have no what I would call clearly good alignment companions and I hope they will fix this? Will? He is a bit almost suicidal and his ties to Succubus Demon makes a bit hard to rate him as very good alignment character. Well and yes I would like to see the Succubus as nude.

About me? I have done military service (it is not my career though), but I am not a criminal and I do not think I am Evil person in real life. I do not think that likeing nudity in Witcher 3 that makes me Evil.
Well and I do not hate children. There are lots of movies, TV series and games meant for even younger children then 12.

I understand finding TV series that a 12 year can see and the adults can be diffult?
I started training Karate when I was 13 years old then switched to Tae Kwon Do (which is basically same as Karate but the Tae Kwon Do training place was near where I lived) and when I was 17 years old participated in BIG Tae Kwon Do tournament with 16 partipiants and I got SILVER.

I did not have success when 18+ because it gets much harder with adults that have black belts in tournaments.
Anyway nowadays I can still kick in my head height and I train Bodycombat in my gym. We do kicks and punches into the air

Anyway a TV Series that I can recommend for both parents and a 12 year child is
COBRA KAI:
COBRA KAI TV SERIES
It has Action, Drama and Comedy and the martial arts are real moves.

Finally on Steam people have voted Baldur's Gate 3 to 9/10.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 18/07/21 12:02 AM.
Originally Posted by Tuco
If you loved Kingmaker (I did as well, even if it wasn't without its fair share of flaws) you should definitely keep an eye on Wrath of the Righteous as well.
Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for it. I'm still excited to see what this game will become (LOTS of potential), even if the built in characters backstories make me have to kill them on site just to avoid rage quitting. There are a lot of races, classes, options, and features that I would eventually love to see included, and there are a lot of tweaks and changes that I'm hoping for as well... and, even though I am from the USA and well over 18, I do enjoy having nudity in the game, simply because it makes it feel more organic and realistic (people actually get naked on occasion in real life)... That being said, the romance aspect is something I could easily take or leave. It doesn't bother me at all, but it isn't a selling point as far as I am concerned.
I bought into this experience knowing that this is an early Alpha version and eagerly looking forward to the ride. I'm still strapped into my seat and looking forward to the next twist, bend, or loop that comes our way.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for it. I'm still excited to see what this game will become (LOTS of potential), even if the built in characters backstories make me have to kill them on site just to avoid rage quitting. There are a lot of races, classes, options, and features that I would eventually love to see included, and there are a lot of tweaks and changes that I'm hoping for as well... and, even though I am from the USA and well over 18, I do enjoy having nudity in the game, simply because it makes it feel more organic and realistic (people actually get naked on occasion in real life)... That being said, the romance aspect is something I could easily take or leave. It doesn't bother me at all, but it isn't a selling point as far as I am concerned.
I bought into this experience knowing that this is an early Alpha version and eagerly looking forward to the ride. I'm still strapped into my seat and looking forward to the next twist, bend, or loop that comes our way.
Next to P:WotR, the game to get is Black Geyser (which now is up on GOG as well, alongside Steam). P:WotR, Black Geyser, and Solasta, in this order, are the three top IE games inspired cRPGs out there right now for me. Unfortunately, BG3 is still very far away from being palatable.

old hand
old hand
Eh, saying BG3 is far away from being palatable doesn't mean much when it's not a secret that you don't really like turn-based combat all that much. :P

I'm liking what the devs are doing with Shadowheart, but I hope they plan to give the other companions an equal amount of care. If not, she was already the obvious case of developer favorite even before the patch, and it will definitely come at the expense of the perception of the rest of the cast in the long run. Trying to force someone to be as iconic as Morrigan or Solas IMO isn't worth it if everyone forgets about characters like Sten and Vivienne as a consequence, and if it turns out that Shadowheart has to reluctantly backstab us later for whatever reason, half the community would probably expect it by then. Players aren't dumb.

She still doesn't hold a candle to any of the WotR companions though. And none of the companions probably ever will as long as Larian seemingly insists on the idea that we may have to commit to 3 of them in the end, thus limiting the overall potential for party interactions, because WotR has literally set the bar for party members to heights that I had never thought possible before. It's actually pretty fascinating the more I think about it, about how WotR's companions never feel like they're loudly fighting against each other for the player's attention the same way most other cRPGs do. If anything they complement each other extremely well, even though all of their backgrounds are so wildly different - they're arguably so interwoven in such indirect ways that any comparison to them may be considered a comparison to the entire cast at once.

Larian probably has a year to take notes from them once the game is out on that front, at least. There is a certain subtlety that the Pathfinder writers have seemingly mastered that is sorely missing from most of the rest of the gaming industry.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 17/07/21 07:51 AM.
T
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
T
Oh I will go even further in defending nudity. I bought DIABLO 1 and DIABLO 2 that had nudity. Blizzard made so no nudity in DIABLO 3. DiABLO 4 I doubt it will have nudity when released. I never bought DIABLO 3 and I will not buy DIABLO 4 if it has no nudity.

This game has SUCCUBUS. Of course the SUCCUBUS should be nude!

Now BG1 and BG2 had no nudity true and I have already bought this game. However it will not stop me from wish me nudity. Fucking shit feminism!

SPOILER WARNING (do not click for Goblins) below please do not read it unless you want to see my rant about fem. in the world... and it has nothing to do with at least directly with this topic.

My country thank god is not affected by feminsm to much even prostitution is legal in my country as it should be. Of course I am against underage or forced prostitution. Legal prostitution makes it more safe for everyone.
Now games like Witcher 3 and Grand Theft Auto 5 have nudity. Feminism basic ideas long time ago that women should get equal salary etc I get it. However this modern feminism that seems to hate men no thank you! I am ANTI feminist!

Last edited by Terminator2020; 17/07/21 08:35 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
Strongly disagree ...
Sucubus should be seductive ... and sometimes good choosen clothing is much more hot than nudity. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
T
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
T
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
Strongly disagree ...
Sucubus should be seductive ... and sometimes good choosen clothing is much more hot than nudity. :-/
I do not need full nudity, but at least bare boobs.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 17/07/21 10:39 AM.
veteran
veteran
Eh, saying BG3 is far away from being palatable doesn't mean much when it's not a secret that you don't really like turn-based combat all that much. :P
Riiiiight. Even though I have posted dozens of posts talking about the many, many things in the game I dislike even while I stopped talking about the combat system a very long time ago. Whatever.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Riiiiight. Even though I have posted dozens of posts talking about the many, many things in the game I dislike even while I stopped talking about the combat system a very long time ago. Whatever.

It was a bit of a joke.

I'll look up Black Geyser. Never heard of it before now. Seems interesting enough.

T
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
T
Sigh tried now buying Solasta from Steam and all it says...
Your transaction cannot be completed

and then when checked it can take up to 10 days from Steam to buy a game. This is not nice.
I did buy BG3 from gog.com a long time ago and no problems to buy BG3.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 17/07/21 10:51 PM.
Page 5 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard