More thoughts on Solasta:

This is an example of something that seems so minor making a big difference: There is no Mirror Image spell in Solasta. This seems like a small thing, but I had set about trying to make a Sorceress which could sit in the thick of combat leveraging the Draconic Bloodline's 13 base AC. With the concentration mechanics (which I understand for tabletop but hate in general) there are very limited defensive things you can stack together, Mirror Image being one of the only defensive non-concentration buffs. Of course without Mirror Image in Solasta the plan was a whiff from the beginning - sitting in combat with just Blur up wasn't worth it. I really hope they fix this and put Mirror Image in Solasta

Imo, 5e concentration rules is the thing, more than any other, that makes BG3 not feel like BG1 and 2; its such a fundamental difference in play-style - afaik designed to do away with buff stacking, which I like - so again, the more I play of Solasta and the more I get familiar with the 5e style the less hopeful I am for BG3 combat holding anything of interest.