Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 19 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 18 19
D
addict
addict
D
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
3. I am from Europe and I like nudity in games. Perhaps you are from USA with your wife since you hate nudity in games?

And... the award for gratuitous international bashing THIS month goes to Terminator2000! Keep it classy Larian forums!

veteran
veteran
Let's keep this nice and civil, please.

T
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
T
Thank you The Composer and I will not answer the last post from a forum member and personal attacks should be forbidden. If that post was meant as a joke then it is bad joke. If someone want to discuss things more seriously then I sure can do that.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 17/07/21 11:22 PM.
veteran
veteran
Yes, and concern trolling should also be forbidden.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Riiiiight. Even though I have posted dozens of posts talking about the many, many things in the game I dislike even while I stopped talking about the combat system a very long time ago. Whatever.

It was a bit of a joke.

I'll look up Black Geyser. Never heard of it before now. Seems interesting enough.
Okay, fair enough.

Yes I do hope you (and anyone who loves cRPGs) will at least take a look at Black Geyser. It launches into EA on August 26.

T
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
T
Well ok let me clarify what I meant with this comment:
I am from Europe and I like nudity in games. Perhaps you are from USA with your wife since you hate nudity in games?

I did not mean any disrespect for USA. However in USA both prostitution and nudity in games are frowned upon lets say a higher percentage do this then in Europe for sure.
In Europe many countries have legal prostitution including my country and Witcher 3 fantasy PC game that has lot of nudity is from Europe.

Yes I am 100% pro nudity in games but as disucussed boobs for Succubus Demon would be enough for me no need for full nudity in this game.

Well and my country is Finland. I have done military service since it is mandatory for men in Finland.
Anyway I have nothing against USA in general.

Well and prostitution is legal in my country Finland though it is more rare and hidden then say in Germany, Spain or Amsterdam Netherlands. Those countries were named as examples with lots of prostitution, but in addition clearly more then 50% of Europe has legal prostitution.
Well I think it has become clear what I want and I have absolutely nothing against USA. I like USA.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 18/07/21 12:48 AM.
old hand
old hand
...I gotta say, that is one hell of a thread derail...

T
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
T
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
...I gotta say, that is one hell of a thread derail...
I am teased to talk about Asia due since you talked offtopic heh... in Tinder in my country I am quite average but I was like SUPERSTAR in Tinder when I visited Thailand first time in early year 2019. Do not get me started on Asia pro... I could do that hehee and yes even highly sofisticated and very good economy countries like South Korea and Japan has skyhigh amount of pro... and that is the tip of a huge iceberg of Asia situation. Many serious relationships also and 2 of my friends have wifes from Asia.

Oh Asia has so much else.. I have trained lots of Asian martial arts and still can moves. Asia makes also good computer games and Playstation consoles. Well and KPOP has become more or less popular music also outside of Asia. Well and there exist Asian movies that I like. Yes and of course nice old culture exists in Asia I know that.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 18/07/21 01:20 AM.
M
M
Both games are excellent, and I applaud the developers for doing such a great job on such a small budget......hey, at least it's not a complete garbage-fire like Dark Alliance has turned out to be!

veteran
veteran
Let's return to the thread's topic please, and steer away from the unnecessary fixation on sex and nudity.

T
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
T
Originally Posted by MarcHicks
Both games are excellent, and I applaud the developers for doing such a great job on such a small budget......hey, at least it's not a complete garbage-fire like Dark Alliance has turned out to be!
You are correct that BG3 and Solasta are better then Dnd 5th edition Action combat Dark Alliance.

While I did complain about Dnd 4th edtion I would rather return to Neverwinter MMO and play it again (that has Action combat and loosely based on Dnd 4th edition rules) and is free to play though microtransactions also buy to win game then try Dark Alliance Action Combat Dnd game.

There are reviews out there anyone can read how Dark alliance is rated. BG3 is of course in very early stage of ALPHA so difficult to rate it but on Steam BG3 is currently voted to 9/10.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 18/07/21 04:58 PM.
T
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
T
Well I have today let from STEAM installed the Solasta and now played it for hours the character creation took long time. I have been sworn in by the Council
that is not huge spoiler it is so early in the game. Well and I can level up to level 2 if I go and sleep.

First impression after playing hours of Solasta.
+ Character Creation has some good things.
+ If you want one can create whole party 4 characters. I find this odd though you can only select premade characters
or create 4 characters there seems to be no companions you can get at least not in super early game.
+ Music farirly ok.
Neutral; Controls both like it and do not like it.
Neutral: Main story? To early to judge that.
Neutral: I had to check some guides when created characters.
- Time consuming if you want it all to be hack and slash combat the beginning is quite the opposite. On other hand I undestand a level 1 character can
die easily. Well and in beginning there is kind of tutorial.
--- Characters look like some wierd dolls and not handsome or attractive. Monsters can look better but really B class graphics in characters! This
does disturb immersion a lot! In pen and paper roleplaying you can fantasize when GM does descrbe npc:s
- To be so called close to DnD there are races that should not exist.
- For being already released game not many classes to choose from.
- No intro movie that really impressed me.
- Finding way can sometimes be a bit confusing. This is a bit opposite of fast hack and slash gameplay.
First impressions vote: 7.75/10

How did I create characters and what kind of group?
I rolled but not many times when did good roll took it...
Character members in alphabetic order classes:
Cleric (Battle Cleric since could choose domain immediately).
Paladin
Ranger
Wizard

One of the characters since my party lack Thief has a nasty background that gives access to open locks, disarm traps and loot etc.
What challenge level did I choose or custom?
I took the default that is most close to real pen and paper roleplaying.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 20/07/21 12:25 AM.
V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Agree with Solasta's character designs. Maybe I'm just too picky but find a lot of them to be odd or offputting. Sometimes I'm too picky that I have a party full of twins, triplets, or quadruplets if I were to have the same race for all four.

veteran
veteran
- To be so called close to DnD there are races that should not exist.
Solasta is explicitly not D&D because the devs couldn't/didn't get the full license to use more than the publicly-available base rules. Which has limited the game in a number of ways, but also allowed for interesting homebrew content. It'd be great if TA could acquire the full license for future games (adapting official D&D modules maybe!).

Regardless, with Tasha's Custom Lineages and all the race/subrace options in various D&D sources, basically any race you can think of is consistent with the D&D rules/multiverse.

veteran
veteran
While it has its obvious limit, people surely love to bitch about how "unforgivably ugly" Solasta allegedly is, as if it was a personal offense to them or something.

Frankly, given that I occasionally wishlist/keep an eye even on shit like this one...
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1082970/Archaelund/
...Solasta looks like The Last of Us 2 in comparison.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
meanwhile, i think https://store.steampowered.com/app/259680/Tales_of_MajEyal/ looks good enough lol

edit: Tuco, just checked out Archaelund. 1st person roaming around with isometric combat?? That's awesome! Going on the wishlist for sure

Last edited by Boblawblah; 19/07/21 09:58 PM.
T
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
T
Originally Posted by Veilburner
Agree with Solasta's character designs. Maybe I'm just too picky but find a lot of them to be odd or offputting. Sometimes I'm too picky that I have a party full of twins, triplets, or quadruplets if I were to have the same race for all four.
What is worse they do not have different shapes available for women or men for heads and hair.

Well then I thought you could manually fix portraits which is possible in Pillars of Eternity 1 that I have played through. No those ugly portraits are auto regenerated and impossible to replace some portrait pictures in game files.

Skyrim it is an old fantasy game today and its character portraits (and there are also mods) are on different level. Oh yeah this game is getting no mercy from me regarding crap looking characters that all look same regardless of gender or race in the face.

I have played to little still, but I have a strong feeling my OP review of Solasta will decline 8/!0 it to good rating for sure.

Tuco you play what games you want and that is fine. I checked the game you linked and in that game they use 2D character portraits and do not use very ugly pictures generated from the 3d graphics characters. That means I think that linked game has better graphics then Solasta.

Oh yes I can complain to Kingdom Come I even complained about Game of Thrones characters (not all of them not Dragonqueen or Snow) some character looks not to mention they have an "Elite Assasin" that looks like a 13 year girl that is not fit or well trained. Sarah Connor actor in Terminator 2 or the actor in Wonderwoman (liked first Wonderwoman movie very much) role looks very well trained and fit. Go see Vikings TV series the characters look generally Elite the main characters at least and still very different looking not same kind of ugly puppet heads for dolls like in Solasta.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 20/07/21 03:31 PM.
T
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
T
I am sorry. After playing this game Solasta more I think this games is 7/10 and BG3 is 9/!0. Fix the characters see above post.

That being said 7/10 is not so bad rating. I have plans to try play through the main campaign. Could I raise my vote? In theory yes, but for now seems 7/10.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 20/07/21 03:35 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
This game is absolutely not a 9/10.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ankou
This game is absolutely not a 9/10.

As an EA game I give it a 10/10- probably the best EA I have ever experienced. Still needs a lot of work, and all the bugs to fix but they have made incredible progress since last October.

Blackheifer
Page 6 of 19 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 18 19

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard