Originally Posted by Vekkares
[quote=Terminator2020]Well first of all. I have already bought Baldur's Gate 3 and support this game. I have played Early Access.

I have not played Solasta so can not honestly speak from own experience.

They do not directly are competing since release date is so far away from each other. Solasta release date was May 27th 2021.
Baldur's Gate 3 release date is year 2022 or year 2023.

Well so you could buy both games and I do not criticize anyone doing that.

Baldur's Gate 3:
+ Cinematic effects and story!
+ Best graphics of these games.
+ Romance and perhaps even nudity.
+ Character creation is very visual...
+ Baldur's Gate 3 is an upcoming turn based RPG game that takes places in Forgotten Realms DnD setting in terms of lore this is a DnD nerds wet dream!
+ This is the only game of these that has officially multiplayer without any mods (cooperative play up to maximum 4 players can also be played solo).
+ Created by Larian Studios creators of huge success game Divinity Original Sin 2.
Neutral . Less strict to pen and paper rules then Solasta much less... but more or less based on DnD 5th edition rules.
+Super much versatility you can easily sink of hours into Early Access despite not all classes yet released.
+ If you want fully voice acted and cinematic experience and make your choices this is the game to play.
+ Excellent music and very good sound world (I cant comment on music and sound on Solasta have not played that.)
- This is the game that is most further away in development release date 2022 or 2023.
- There are so many changes coming but some balancing could be made now in patch 5 they make so in order to rest you need food so they are restricting resting. Well and Patch 5 release date is on Tuesday next week so now I do not know how that is going to be really with patch 5.
- The companions are sometimes well a bit annoying they are also making changes to companion behavior to less hostile and annoying again in patch 5 release.
- The camera control could be improved as it is now it is kind of ok but not very good.
I like BG3 very much rate it 9/10.

[/b]Going to answer to these items as its a game OP has played. I spent time with BOTH games and I can provide better feed back.

Baldur's Gate 3:
+ Cinematic effects and story! -[b] Is this a comparison or just a statement? They are both cinematic games with story telling.
+ Best graphics of these games. - I mean they are ok, but nothing to brag about.
+ Romance and perhaps even nudity. - Im not 12 and cannot think of a single game improved by "nudity". Get out more?
+ Character creation is very visual... - as it is in Solasta, which I feel has more options.
+ Baldur's Gate 3 is an upcoming turn based RPG game that takes places in Forgotten Realms DnD setting in terms of lore this is a DnD nerds wet dream! - Yes, but Larian is just making D:OS 3 in that setting, which makes me sad.
+ This is the only game of these that has officially multiplayer without any mods (cooperative play up to maximum 4 players can also be played solo).- Yes but without information on character saves/exports, youre just starting over every time you play with friends.
+ Created by Larian Studios creators of huge success game Divinity Original Sin 2. - It was successful in a niche market. I bought it and I hate it.
Neutral . Less strict to pen and paper rules then Solasta much less... but more or less based on DnD 5th edition rules. - More but less? There is too much D:OS in this game, not enough 5e
+Super much versatility you can easily sink of hours into Early Access despite not all classes yet released. - One playthrough, walked away angry I bought it. MEH at best.
+ If you want fully voice acted and cinematic experience and make your choices this is the game to play. - How do you know? Both were early access until recently and D:OS3 doesnt give you any idea what decision you make that might cause later issues, none.....can you give examples?
+ Excellent music and very good sound world (I cant comment on music and sound on Solasta have not played that.) - Exactly you dont know.
- This is the game that is most further away in development release date 2022 or 2023. - Yup and that sucks. It means we bought EA 2 years early, which is not how this should work - Star Citizen, looking at you!
- There are so many changes coming but some balancing could be made now in patch 5 they make so in order to rest you need food so they are restricting resting. Well and Patch 5 release date is on Tuesday next week so now I do not know how that is going to be really with patch 5. - Thursday now and honestly I hate resourcing for a rest. Just make a "survival mode" for the purist.
- The companions are sometimes well a bit annoying they are also making changes to companion behavior to less hostile and annoying again in patch 5 release. - They are always annoying - Rapey Vampire is gross - Grumpy Gith is annoying - Grumpy Elf is annoying - Magic Item eating Mage -no thanks - One eyed Warlock fencer - Bland as hell. Can I bring the skeleton that resurrects with me?
- The camera control could be improved as it is now it is kind of ok but not very good. - Its terrible, especially for none gamers. My wife wont play it until there is another camera option, which isnt a big deal as I dont want to play it as is.
I like BG3 very much rate it 9/10. - Its a 6.5/10 at best! That's being generous. They are already backing off some of the things they promised. No GM mode, no paladins. This game is going to be a shitty version of D&D because Larian is lazy and just wants to make D:OS 3.
Well here are my answers:
1. This game is not for children 12 years old or even teens. On STEAM sale is for 18+ people.
2. Nudity in fantasy games? Witcher 3 and Witcher 2 have lots of Nudity and people like them.
3. I am from Europe and I like nudity in games. Perhaps you are from USA with your wife since you hate nudity in games?
4. There will be Paladins in this game. This game will release in year 2022 or 2023 and is currently in very early Alpha. I don´t care very much if Paladin is released at year 2022 and not during this year personally, but if they release Paladin class even during this year sure that would be nice. This game will have more classes then Solasta had at release for certain they plan to include all classes in Players Handbook.
5. I agree with you and your wife that camera control could be much more better.
6. No GM mode? Yes I would like this game as 9,5/10 if they would have GM mode and adventures that people can make. Actually the best thing with Solasta is I think community can make new modules&adventures though Solasta is kind of Dungeon crawl more or less.
7. Graphics? This is not Starcitizen or Cyperpunk 2077 on PC or newest Battlefield game with with best graphics, but still fairly good and much better then Solasta with their characters that do look average or even ugly.
8. This game currently have no what I would call clearly good alignment companions and I hope they will fix this? Will? He is a bit almost suicidal and his ties to Succubus Demon makes a bit hard to rate him as very good alignment character. Well and yes I would like to see the Succubus as nude.

About me? I have done military service (it is not my career though), but I am not a criminal and I do not think I am Evil person in real life. I do not think that likeing nudity in Witcher 3 that makes me Evil.
Well and I do not hate children. There are lots of movies, TV series and games meant for even younger children then 12.

I understand finding TV series that a 12 year can see and the adults can be diffult?
I started training Karate when I was 13 years old then switched to Tae Kwon Do (which is basically same as Karate but the Tae Kwon Do training place was near where I lived) and when I was 17 years old participated in BIG Tae Kwon Do tournament with 16 partipiants and I got SILVER.

I did not have success when 18+ because it gets much harder with adults that have black belts in tournaments.
Anyway nowadays I can still kick in my head height and I train Bodycombat in my gym. We do kicks and punches into the air

Anyway a TV Series that I can recommend for both parents and a 12 year child is
COBRA KAI:
COBRA KAI TV SERIES
It has Action, Drama and Comedy and the martial arts are real moves.

Finally on Steam people have voted Baldur's Gate 3 to 9/10.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 18/07/21 12:02 AM.