My final opinion and suggestion on the matter: They should keep her as a relatively unlikable character throughout act 1, with some dialogues suggesting there's another person there and the personality could be different. So no major character changes early on.

Then in the next act (or when her content is being addressed) have it begin to influence her character. She doubles down on Shar and becomes a crueler, or darker character OR becomes a lighter, nicer character.

Essentially a neutral character that can be influenced into a good or evil alignment. Other characters should have similar content. Could also reflect in ending slides.

Xoti in Deadfire comes to mind, it's also something in Pathfinder too. Having an influence on their development is major [for me] in RPGs, but they shouldn't become some dependent personality that can't function without the PC.

@Nyloth Isn't she the most popular companion? They could just be trying to "fix" her character first. I sincerely hope the rest of the cast gets similar effort and development time though. Those numbers are telling.

Last edited by Blade238; 16/07/21 08:40 PM.