Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sozz Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
In the middle of my first playthrough for a while and noticed that there's a 'missing children' plot in the blighted village, did I forget about, or never notice this in my other games? Is there an answer to what happened somewhere, such as the hag or the arachnomancer downstairs?

Another question I had, is the blighted village the same village Wyl lost his eye at?

There is a book where the 3 ogres are inside the bookshelf. If shadowheart is in your party you will obtain further lore given you succeed skill checks!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kryldost
There is a book where the 3 ogres are inside the bookshelf. If shadowheart is in your party you will obtain further lore given you succeed skill checks!
I had her in party for this reason and no lore roll happened. frown
Is there some specific place you are suppose to be?

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
You pick up the book and read it, after you close it it triggered her scene each time.

Sozz Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
If this is the school role then I got no scene, I'll try again

Might need a certain ratio of approval but since patch 5 you get a good headstart for that since we can save her ahahahaha

Sozz Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I finally got the scene...I think the reason I didn't get it before was because I'd already gotten SH's confession, and the school attendance record is another trigger for that conversation, but it's ancient like the old helm and statue, remnants of the war between the Nightsong guys and the druid/harpers, the missing children poster I was assuming was much more recent.

I guess the real thing I'm asking is how old the ruins are, was the blighted village destroyed during the old war or was it more recent?

Sozz Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
"looks familiar...did I play this once, long ago?" are they telling us that SH was one of the abducted children? Stolen to be raised by Shar?

T
addict
addict
T
I kinda suspect Shadowheart's
voluntarily repressed memories are her being a Selunite that got brainwashed into thinking she's a Sharite
. I've also heard that she might be
the character from The Unclaimed book in the dusty tomb where the talkative skeleton is

Last edited by Thrythlind; 23/07/21 10:38 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Thrythlind
I kinda suspect Shadowheart's
voluntarily repressed memories are her being a Selunite that got brainwashed into thinking she's a Sharite
. I've also heard that she might be
the character from The Unclaimed book in the dusty tomb where the talkative skeleton is

If you read all the books you find carefully, and put them together, particularly those in the Apothecary, Nevromancer Lair and Spider Lair, this is basically the story:

In 1371, Moonhaven was a quaint village who worshipped Selune. Ilyn Toth, the Necromancer, came with his apprentice Eliette and set up as a doctor to hide from the Zulkiers. They were kidnapping people from the village, most likely children since the poster implies children being kidnapped and vanishing and Ilyn Toth said his familiar was helping him kidnap people.

But the Dark Justiciars targeted Moonhaven and the Druid's Grove because of Selune, and perhaps something else since the Grove seems quite special. Harpers and Druids united to fight against the Dark Justiciars, but they were betrayed by one of their own, Ketheric. Roa was a druid who joined the grove to help fight the Justiciars. Halsin was there as well, as implied by his entry in the last volume of a series of 4 books about this. Moonhaven was destroyed in 1371 when the Justiciars invaded. Ilyn Toth was killed by them but Eliette was taken by Drow to the Underdark where she went insane in their captivity and became obsessed with Lolth and arachnomancy.

Halsin, Roa and the Druid/Harper alliance fought back against the Justiciars and pushed them back, probably to Moonrise Towers where there was a final fight. Roa died, but Halsin returned to lead the grove.

There was definitely some connection to Shadowheart, so some theories about her being from Moonhaven and a Selunite make sense. I think either she willingly betrayed her people as well, and that she is Shar's Chosen in the Unclaimed book. Her memories were wiped so she wouldn't remember her betrayal and would continue to serve Shar instead of allowing guilt to turn her back to Selune. My theory is also that she died during the fight at Moonrise, and she went to Kelemvore who had pity on her and maybe resurrected her back to Faerun to redeem herself, now 100+ years later.

In order to redeem herself, she thinks she has to do something more for Shar, and so she's being used again, used to steal the Gith weapon so Shar can use it for her own dark purposes.

I don't know for sure, of course, but that's my theory anyway.

Sozz Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
The necromancer was kidnapping people travelling through, I didn't get the impression he had been kidnapping people from the village. I never came across anything about Ketheric, it certainly sheds some light on what Halsin's unfinished business at Moonrise might be.
This still goes into my question about when the Justiciars war takes place, Halsin being an Elf doesn't necessarily narrow it down, but all the relics from the war appear to be ancient, I didn't think the missing children's poster was old enough to have lasted that long, making me wonder if the village had been destroyed twice, or what.
As for the arachnomancer I wasn't sure it it was the same as the necromancer's apprentice, despite finding the corpse there (and the gem) but I guess that makes sense.

Basically she says sharite abduct children to gain more follower. If they got no memories of the past they become perfect followers.

veteran
veteran
Eliette's journals explain her descent into madness. She fell in love with Lolth, then felt Lolth had sent her an arachnomancer who taught her the transformation magic. So she returned to Moonhaven after being gone for a long time. She only escaped the Drow after some fool created chaos there. So MANY years went by.

All the writings imply, Moonhaven was laid to waste in 1371, 121 years before BG3 began. Yeah, the poster still being legible is odd, but when you put everything together it seems the entire Druid Grove murals, Moonhaven events, etc. all coincide with one another to form one cohesive tale.

Besides, I highly doubt anyone would have been living there with Eliette prowling around. The apothecary and blacksmith shops have also not been used since 1371 either. So...

M
stranger
stranger
M
I am late to the party, but you can get some addition clues by summoning Shovel as soon as you get his scroll and asking him about the graves you just robbed.

Seems to me like the blacksmith, teacher, baker and healer were in a league with one another.

Also I wonder if he was called shovel since he had to hide the bodies?

addict
addict
@GM4Him

Tks for sharing your theory that was interesting.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard