Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
journeyman
journeyman
I'd love if they add Hermit background back into the game. Don't care if the inspiration system is done for it.

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Personaly i still believe that Half-Orc, and Dragonborn should certainly by implemented asap ... since misstakes in those designs could potentialy angry many people. :-/

Exactly why I want to see them in Early Access. A lot of the implementations at full release will be brought with no community input...

veteran
veteran
Well ...
There is no reason to implement duegars (if that is actualy planed), or gnomes ... we have seen their models, and they are quite fine.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
D
addict
addict
D
Originally Posted by EMTFields
I'd love if they add Hermit background back into the game. Don't care if the inspiration system is done for it.

It would be funny if the inspiration for hermit was to ditch your party and go camp alone somewhere.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Well I still wish Monk as a class to include in Patch 6. However I will not be disappointed if they include another class instead of Monk in patch 6. I will be happy for every new class they include.

I still like to train martial arts. The benefit of training in the gym with a friend or Bodycombat group training you can listen to cool training music.
I train in expensive luxury gym with lots of space there is a boxing bag in the gym. People always move a little distance away when I come to boxing bag because I do kicks and punches for full power!

I am so fit that I can run one hour! This is an hour extended tune of music that I like to train to if I do running.

This again is classic training music from 90 ies;

Popular gym and BODYCOMBAT group training music:

What you do not like electronic music or want even older music then these inclduing the 90 ies tune.

Well then I recommend to see the new COBRA KAI TV series it has even 80ies music and other kind of training music.

Someone falsely accused me of liking only Europe? I had said I like USA and Canada.

Here is the most exotic tune I have heard in Bodycombat group training in my country Finland and it is music from India:

Last edited by Terminator2020; 18/07/21 09:59 PM.
D
addict
addict
D
Monk is also one of my favorites, so I would love to see it in patch 6. However, there is a competently done mod on nexus that adds monk that you can download right now if you cannot wait...

Last edited by dwig; 18/07/21 10:58 PM.
veteran
veteran
Terminator, stop derailing the thread with random links and tangents please.

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Originally Posted by S2PHANE
Aesthetic changes
I would honestly hope they'd consider implementing the re-colored versions of the armor found throughout the early access. Not only is it weird but it feels unimmersive that every armor is identical, with the same color scheme.
Also the option to let us choose the starting gear when making a character. It is a roleplay game, not being able to choose your characters clothing and weapon feels lazy.
Sure there are mods to work around the issues as of now but they're clumsy and take a lot of individual input to make them work how you want to.
Cosmetic gripes aren't really the pressing issue in Early Access, I get it, but I feel it would help the replayability a ton. Making a Fighter character with a darker backstory in mind, without scarring options in the character creation and then being stuck with a longsword and that basic drab leather armor feels like an insult to the meaning of roleplay.

New race(s) and a new class
This one doesn't seem far-fetched to expect. Gnomes are the logical continuation of that pool, we've seen them in the Early Access since it first came out, though I'd personally be more happy if they included Half-Orcs or Dragonborn. I don't think its too far-fetched to expect multiple additions in that department but I won't get my hopes up.
From a new class I'd expect either Paladin or Barbarian.

Making Nat 20s feel more impactful in combat
It just feels flat. Its been brought up before on the forums.
Instead of bonking the opponent with a zoomed in camera, how about making it more like a finisher. I'm not talking Mortal Kombat type of gore, but as it is, the Nat20 roll on an attack doesn't feel like an achievement. It lets you down even more if you kill the opponent with it. So yeah I'd like to see my good rolls actually play out as if they were good rolls and not just a run of the mill bonk over the head. laugh

Firstly, thank you for your contribution to the conversation.

It would be nice to see some better impact from the nat 20 finishing blows in particular, but I could see this hogging up a major amount of dev time. It would be nice if they implemented it for particular NPCs if nothing else. Ones that are significant milestones after a long journey for example the last goblin leader of the three that you kill. The last Druid in the grove you slaughter. Etc.

As far as races and classes are concerned it’s my guess that we’re going to see one more race in all of early access and the next class will probably one with the reaction system so they can get feedback on it. So bard comes to mind.

I do agree with the armor issues. I think you should be able to choose your starting equipment from the list of starting gear if you’re doing your own custom character. I also would like to see some dialing back of the early game armor aesthetics. The fact that we can get the githyanki armor at such an early point feels odd. It makes sense if you play one.. but not if you’re any other race. I’d like things to look more burnished and worn like the goblin equipment and be able to get better aesthetics later on. So they feel like a visual improvement and an upgrade at the same time. Not one or the other.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by Luminary
As far as races and classes are concerned it’s my guess that we’re going to see one more race in all of early access and the next class will probably one with the reaction system so they can get feedback on it. So bard comes to mind..
Yawn what content, but I will respond to the part that caught my eye:
I disagree. The logic what class is chosen next is entirely up to Larian developers and any class yet not released in Player Handbook is as valid guess. Sure it can be Bard and if it is that then let it be so. For argument sake I find it unlikely being Bard of pure statistics it being one class among other classes in PHB not yet released. No not saying my Monk suggested class has higher chance then Bard. It could be Barbarian, Bard, Monk, Paladin or Sorcerer. The classes said in alphabetic order and not naming them in any priority order.

No thanks to your flaming in the thread!

Your suggested level increase to level 5 in Alpha patch 6 is to my estimate less then 2% chance being done (if even done before full release is unknown) I would estimate and I do not need wish that. Bard and my Monk has roughly 20% (1 class among 5 classes that could be released) chance I would guess since I believe they would release one class in Patch 6. Sure they could release more then that, but we will see. Patch 5 did not have any new class true, but it has been a while now when Druid was released.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 19/07/21 08:27 AM.
old hand
old hand
Speculating on the release order of classes has grown increasingly useless. Before Druid was released, everyone thought that would be one of the last classes released due to datamining in the previous patch indicating that Druid was the most incomplete class at the time.

Larian just does whatever the hell they want.

veteran
veteran
Well, when you think about it, Druids have quite important role in this cenario ...
So it kinda makes sence, that they were implemented so soon. :-/

Not quite sure what was those speculations you mentioned based on ... but it seem that would be core of the problem, more than larian just does whatever they want. laugh
My money goes for next class will be paladin ... reason is simple, its another class that is allready present in EA (Toll house) ...
Or maybe Bard ... same reason (Volo, and Alfira).
But i believe Sorcerer, or Monk will be the last ... for one, monk presents the most work of all missing classes ... simmilar to metamagic for Sorcerers (not even mentioning Wild magic!) ... and finaly, as far as i know, there is no Monk or Sorcerer present in the game right now. :P

D
addict
addict
D
I actually think that Paladin represents more work than the monk. I base this primarily on the fact that paladin in 5e relies heavily on smites, and those require either a working reaction system or some alternative to a working reaction system.

So we will get paladins during the patch that tests the new reaction system, whatever that may be. I have no idea whether that will be patch 6.

Monks do have unique features that will need to be implemented, but there is a decent mod that adds them on nexus, so it can't be THAT hard to put them in the main game.

veteran
veteran
I had same impression to be honest ...
Until, recently (yesterday?) when Tuco in some other topic pointed out that he is curious about if Larian will include some martial moves ...

Honestly, if they would not ... and just let Monks attack as regular unarmed character, it would be kinda letdown ... but then you would be totally right.
BUT! If they do plan to implement some special moves for their attack ... it means lot of unique animations ... and that is lot more work, compared to "just mechanics" for others. smile

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 19/07/21 04:03 PM.

D
addict
addict
D
Oh, I guess the animations for monks could take work. I suspect that reactions and animations are different teams though, so its hard to even begin to predict which will take longer.

veteran
veteran
Indeed ...
But we also can wrongly presume that Larian wish to implement Paladin 1:1 ...
Wich they (as far as i know) didnt with any class so far. laugh

For example that so often repeated Divine Smite ...
It could be implemented as usual meele-range spell slot eating attack (similar to Cleric > Inflict Wounds) ... that will do weapon damage + adequat radiant damage ... and then either implement that spell slot will only be eaten when hit (better) ... or that radiant damage will hit every time (worse, imho).

Wich would easier the implementation of Paladin. O_O

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 19/07/21 05:21 PM.

D
addict
addict
D
That scheme might be easier to implement, I agree. It would reduce smite power by a little bit though... since one thing that it is nice to do with paladin is to wait until a critical hit to activate smite (the smite is doubled too in that case). If you are just doing normal attacks this isn't a big deal, since crits are rare in that case, but if you have something that expands the crit range (multiclass to champion for instance) and/or advantage you can get crit chance high enough that it is a good strategy.

I suppose they could add an ability called "smite on crit" and let you use that instead.

veteran
veteran
it'll be interesting to see how fresh players see the game when it comes out of EA. Those of us that have played it and abused every little system find it easy, but after all the balancing, i wonder if it's going to end up being a little too tightly balanced, to the point where players find it a little too difficult.

Last edited by Boblawblah; 19/07/21 07:17 PM.
D
addict
addict
D
Post release it will be possible to reach level 5 in act 1. Based on the current xp progression it should be possible with lots of content left over. Level 5 is a large enough power boost that I think the encounters that they might struggle with at lvl 4 will be moderate to easy in difficulty after the level up.

I suppose my point here is that I do not believe that they should down tune any of the content until after they have tested it against level 5 players.

Last edited by dwig; 19/07/21 07:48 PM.
veteran
veteran
Also when game will be fully released, maybe (just let me dream okey?) someone finds easier way to allow us 6 member party. :P

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 19/07/21 07:59 PM.

old hand
old hand
Hm, the Bard mod that I installed all the way back in Patch 2 is still working, surprisingly enough.

Guess what I found? It looks like the new roll interface already supports Bardic Inspiration!

And it actually properly consumes the Bardic Inspiration resource at that. My character also can't use it on himself, but he can use it on Shadowheart, which is what is supposed to happen. Which tells me either the coding of the mod is much more robust than I thought, especially for it to be working through so many patches when the last update for it was eight months ago, or Larian has already done some significant amount of work for Bard behind the scenes.

[Linked Image from cdn.discordapp.com]

(Also, this is what the final result was, for anyone curious. Rolled 18, then +4 from proficiencies, +3 from Guidance, and +6 from Bardic Inspiration.)
[Linked Image from cdn.discordapp.com]

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 19/07/21 09:24 PM.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard