Originally Posted by Elessaria666
I imagine the reason they made it the way they did is because it is much more easily tuned than a "new" system of management. This way they can add a difficulty slider that affects how much weight a character with "x" Strength can carry/push/throw late on in the development process and let players choose their personal level of cheese. It seems to me that this is a much more sensible, consistent and adaptable process than we had previously, and can be adapted to keep player agency at the forefront further down the line.
Infinite +1 to this ... ^_^
Man can dream, right? laugh

Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
I don't really care about barrelmancy and I always felt that, of the Larian homebrew rules it was the least obtrusive and most forgivable, but I do feel a need to address this list you made. Partly because I'd feel annoyed if I didn't and partly because it feels like it would be fun.
Im allways for fun. smile

1) You can do that in the game? I actually think throwing heavy barrels might be *more* realisitc.
I didnt try to be completely honest ...
But in my last gameplay (actualy penultimate ... is that real word? laugh ) i was able to thrown both weapon i was holding (with no indication that is weapon im holding) and my own boots i had on myself ... and since there was some armor, i just presumed the same rule aply to anything you are wearing. laugh
But maybe i was wrong with this one. smile

2) That sounds perfectly reasonable and realistic to me. If you're strong enough to lift a properly weild warhammer, why wouldn't you be strong enough to throw it?
Yes, you are right ...
Here my complaint was not actualy based on it should be impossible, but on the fact that throw your ONLY weapon is the stupidest idea you could do in combat. smile

3) I mean, I feel like a goblin would be lighter than a full barrel, and if you do it quickly enough, their cooperation won't be much of an issue.
Depends ... they still could grab your armor, or arm, or dunno ... anything. laugh
Just note, in previous patches, i was even able to kill one Cambion by throwing other Cambion on him. laugh
It was funny as hells (get it?).

4) Yeah, that doesn't make a lot of sense. You got them there.
I actualy write this one badly, now when i read it.
The funny part here is, that while you were (again on previous patch, i didnt try yet on 5) totally able to grab fully consciousness, armed, armored and winged cambion ... and throw him at another cambion, causing quite significant damage to both.
Yet you were unable to throw rotting corpse. O_o

5) Again, you got them there.
I was playing advocatu diaboli in this particular point ...
Honestly i would not mind if Gold would be weightless ... i would probably not mind even if it would become just abstract currency, written in top right corner, just next to other stuff ... since so far i didnt find any use for gold as an item ... now when i think about it, i never tryed to throw for example 10 gold pieces between goblins ... that could either be fun, or huge dissapointment. laugh

And I'm done. And I was right, this was fun, thanks for the opportunity. And I'm glad the current state of things left you feeling happy enough in the end.
Happy to serve. ^_^
Yeah, in the end the words sounded a lot worse than it actualy is. smile

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown