Well, I loved the setting in Planescape, it's what I really liked in that game, but 2 things I just hate in computer games:
- Dungeon Crawling
- Undead.
I was tired to see skeletons and zombies in every possible RPG. Hell, even games like Return to Castle Wolfenstein have the undead and have a lots of dungeons. Those 2 factors can ruin the game for me. DD is action, so I can forgive it to that game, still I can't stand the first dungeon, I would've liked to rush trough but if I don't level up, I will miserably fail.

*shrugs* I guess people who actually loved the dark, bizarre atmosphere are in the minority, and any game where you can actually initiate dialogue with zombies has something going for it. (As opposed to: Charge! Hack the undead to pieces! Now!) The Mortuary is one of my favourite areas in the game (...and it's not much of a dungeon). It's all about spooky fun.

I found P:T incredibly borring, and the setting was used several times before.

What? The setting used several times before?

To my knowledge, PS:T is the only CRPG to use the Planescape setting. And you said that it's more suited to an adventure game rather than hack'n'slash - I couldn't disagree more. Planescape isn't just the CRPG; the setting itself is so open that anything is possible. An action-packed campaign, with all the cliched, obligatory fantasy elements. A bizarre, story-driven campaign like PS:T itself. Or a mix of both - anything.

I disregard the 3rd ed. cosmology, so as far as I am concerned, if you're playing in any of the D&D setting, you can cross over to Sigil to other worlds and back again. It just begs to inspire interesting plots.