Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Out of BG3 x Solasta x Pathfinder WoTR, Pathfinder is getting nearly all my playtime. And its still in EA.
How about comparing to that game? More classes, more playiable NPCs, party of 6, day/nights, great story, great dialogue, classic yet modern CRPG style (turn base AND Realtime with pause) , a solid D^D 3.75 <Pathfinder> system...
Solasta while has a great D^D system is very easy to criticize for everything else compared to BG3.
Well I have not played the new Pathfinder AlPHA.

Here are the reasons for that:
A. I bought the first Pathfinder game. I did not like to sandbox game, No thanks. It was not bad in my taste but more like an average game.
B. Pathfinder system is even clearly more complicated then DnD 3.5. They do not have what I would say good tutorial in second Pathfinder game from what I have heard.
C. The cost of playing ALPHA Pathfinder 2 is enormous 120 euro despite full game to buy cost only a small part of that. Why would I pay 120 euro to enter a ALPHA?

I think I wait for full reviews and the need to be really high like 9/10 for me considering buying Pathfinder 2. I bought first Pathfinder game and never finished it. On the other hand I never finished DOS2 (and I have never played DOS1).My brother finished DOS2, but never finished Pillars of Eternity 1.

I did play through Pillars of Eternity 1. My brother has said he will buy BG3 when it is released and play the campaign with me. He is not interested to play in ALPHA states games.

Well and my brother is another kind of gamer then you. He also likes none turn based combat and play n other games, He does not play games in ALPHA.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 26/07/21 09:38 AM.