Originally Posted by Peranor
I think I find the sheer amount of explosive barrels placed everywhere is even more ridiculous.
I request elaboration ...
Where *everywhere* you mean?
Since i remember only explosives storage in goblin camp, "secret" passage to cave next to gnolls (maybe 3 barrels), basement of Selune temple (again, cca 3), 3 or maybe 4 barrels set as trap in Druid secret passage, and single barrel in crypt ... and that is it? O_o
Did i forged some or is now 6 locations concidered "everywhere" ? O_o

Originally Posted by Melkisedeck
But it doesn't merge with Baldur's Gate franchise, and doesn't make sense in DnD 5.
It would be SO MUCH better, if at least one of you will say at least one reason ...
Simply stating "that dont make sence" is just not enough! :-/

Unless you imagine debate as:
Yes it does! > No it doesn't! > Yes it does! > No it doesn't! > Yes it does! > No it doesn't! > Yes it does! > No it doesn't! > ...

Let's pretend that the common barrels we see in the game (firewine barrel) weights the same as wine barrels do in real life.

Empty, they weight around 90 pounds, and full they weight around 600 pounds.

In the game these common usual barrels weight 10 pounds.
Cute ... but as long as you aply this logic only to things you dont like, and not to everything in game ... its not an argument, just covenient excuse. :-/

I would just like to point out that such barrel weights 600 pounds only in gravity 1G ...
I dont honestly know gravity in Faerûn, but just to set things ... note that in 1G few tons heavy animal would never be able to fly. wink

Also: https://www.dndbeyond.com/equipment/gunpowder-keg wink

- How about putting infinite attribute points at player's disposal on character creation?
A: "That's no big deal, because players don't have to use it if they don't want to."
Actualy, its pretty funny you mentioned this ... since this will probably be included in final release. laugh
Since Larian allready promised us rolling stats, and there is litteraly nothing stoping you to reroll you dices until you get six 20 (or as close result as possible) ... it was allready discuised that most games that allow rolling stats, also allow people to just set his statistic however he like to with infinite points. :P

So, there is fair change that this, "ridiculous nonsence" will be actualy included. laugh laugh laugh
And on top, it would be good decision. :P

Also ...
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/12 laugh

- How about a portal opening on player's camp, and having a demon giving explosives with no weight and automatic crossbows, so everyone can cheese the game more?
A: "That's no big deal, because players don't have to use them if they don't want to."
I would say that there is difference ... and if you dont see any, im not quite sure if i should take rest of your post seriously. laugh

Anway:
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/124 laugh laugh

- How about putting all magic scrolls inside an infinite bag of holding on the beach, so the player can access all of them on the beggining of the game?
A: "That's no big deal, because players don't have to use them if they don't don't want to."
[sarcasm]This actualy sounds like good idea ... especialy now, since we are suppose to "try" things. :P[/sarcasm]

Check this:
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/230 laugh laugh laugh

Originally Posted by Blackheifer
These are all excellent points.
No, they are not ...
It all the same "i know better" stuff over and over again ... he just added pinch of absurdity in the mixure, to make it more ridiculous, that is all. laugh

Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Yeah I think the argument of "just don't use it" falls apart when you subject it to these sorts of escalating absurdities.
"Absurd" is subjective ...
I dont understand you honestly, i thought you allready admited that you are not really bothered by stuff you can easily ignore. o_O
Now you seem to be back in the holy crusade. laugh

Honestly, do you people even realize that this game is not for you allone? O_o
Since it dont really seem that way, more like ... "i want this game to be perfect for myself and screw others". :-/
I must admit it kinda makes me sad. :-/
We could all have the perfect (or at least good enough) game (i tryed, therefore i know it IS possible), but you (and by this i dont mean Blackheifer specificly, but you as a whole part of comunity fighting against anything 5e-unpure) just seem to me like you, for some unknown reason, cant stand the fact that someone else is having fun in other way, that you specificly allowed ... there is harsh world waiting for you outside with this mindset. :-/

Originally Posted by linkezio
The problem isn't the carrying capacity, the problem is the NPCs watching you put gunpowder in front of them and thinking that's normal, or they arrive at a place full of gunpowder and do nothing.
+1!

First, almost no one will be analyzing balance during gameplay.
Agreed ...

Second, how will players know what is and isn't balanced? And newbies?
I dont understand this question ... you allready admited that people will not analize balance ... so why are you repeating it? :P
I believe more important question here is: Does it matter? As long as they have fun? :P

Third, if you choose the barriers that you're going to face yourself, then this isn't a game, it's a story creation, it would really be D&D.
Im not sure i understand this sentence ... (language block)
But if Google translator can be thrusted, i agree. smile

Fourth, (irony on) what is leveling for? If I decide the mechanics then I should choose the level I want, I should also choose the spells I want... why not use a barbarian who uses magic? I think this is balanced.
Well actualy your barbarian can use magic ... if you multiclass. :P laugh
And that is pure 5e. laugh

Originally Posted by Dabedidabe
50 is a lot.
It depends on context ...
Also i just guessed that number, originaly i wanted to write 20 ... now, when i thinked about places you can find them, it would probably be closer to actual number.

Originally Posted by Dabedidabe
I'm not even gonna react to the rest, cus your really not making any sense.
Well, in that case i shall concider this sentence to be: "I see your opinion and I have no valid arguments against it ... but I just have to say that I still disagree with you, because otherwise it would mean that I realized that I was wrong ... so I will simply try to undermine it by some general and a meaningless statement."
I presume that is fair. smile

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 27/07/21 09:36 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown