Originally Posted by Boblawblah
It's pretty interesting to see just how much weight people put in characters being attractive. It would have been curious to see how solasta would have been received had they went with a more fantasy/anime style of character, like https://assetstorev1-prd-cdn.unity3d.com/key-image/d52c6b54-6e67-42ad-9cb4-dabf358471ac.webp which are just from a $60 character pack from the unity store instead of trying to make the characters realistic but ending up looking just off somehow.

I don't mind the character design, but i'd be lying if i said that i wouldn't mind the characters in the link i provided over the ones in solasta right now.

Also, i'd be curious to see how BG3 would have been received had the characters not been as attractive as they are. I know that the entire Astarion fangirl/boy club would not exist.

Those armors, especially the female, look awful and disgusting. I think, I prefer Solasta style to that, I like my characters dressed.

I really don't get the Astarion hype, but I guess, that have to be the Twilight and True Blood fans (two fandoms that really are not my cup of tea)

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who