Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
That will allways be true ... no matter if there are Barrels, or if Larian delete them all for some reason ...
"Not all players will know what is balanced" ... they certainly will not, aswell as not all players will even care ... i would say that mostly bcs (as this forum shows us in examples) that sometimes people have different deffinition of "balance". :-/
For me, game is NOT balanced around "cheese mechanics" as long as you dont need to use them to overcome its challenges.
For some others (and i shall not name them, even if i could), game is balanced around "cheese mechanics" as long as they simply exists.

Im sorry, if you were trying to say soemthing different, in that case im clearly missing the point here. :-/

Unlike mathematical situations, there is no definitive balance in games, so they are always updating themselves, besides the question of probability, where each occasion has a different balance, for example, starting a battle between a warrior and a wizard where the warrior is on the wizard's side, it is quite different if they are far apart. So the only way to calculate balance would be to use a very advanced AI.

However, that doesn't mean we have to be calm, as the closest games come to balance is through testing, human feedback and statistics. This is also why Larian collects information about our crashes. And just for being here in this forum discussing this, we are already exercising one of these functions, if Larian reads this.

If you’re happy and you know it, overthink.
If you’re happy and you know it, overthink.
If you’re happy and you know it,
Give your brain a chance to blow it.
If you’re happy and you know it, overthink. ^_^

Something like that you mean? laugh
I thrust you. laugh

I'll give you a very practical example, I don't know if you've been playing games since I was a kid, I started when I was 3 years old, I've played all generations of games, from atari to BG3. When I was a kid, I loved cheating and being ultra powerful in games, what I didn't know was that it spoiled the fun in the long run, so I get sick of a lot of games, it made me happy, but it made me sad afterwards, it's one of the reasons I don't get into the drug business.

If Larian leaves BG3 as a simple and easy experience, I won't have that many hours of gameplay.

With that i can agree ...
Even tho im not quite sure if that is presented as good, or bad thing ... i certainly see that approach positive.

If I want to tell a story, I can get a pen and paper or play D&D for real.

Well ... right now you can, as long as your Barbarian will use scrolls ...
We still dont know for sure (read as: Nobody from Larian made a statement about this) if that is suppose to be a feature, or Larian just didnt figure any elegant way to block using scrolls for "non-caster" classes so far.

If I'm not mistaken, in the D&D rule, only spellcasters can use scrolls, so it's another one of the things Larian did wrong, not because it was different from D&D, but because it's very broken, sometimes I gather so many scrolls, that there are battles where I can turn any class into a wizard, and besides, the wizard can learn spells from another class, which is also ridiculous.