Originally Posted by linkezio
When I was a kid, I loved cheating and being ultra powerful in games, what I didn't know was that it spoiled the fun in the long run, so I get sick of a lot of games, it made me happy, but it made me sad afterwards, it's one of the reasons I don't get into the drug business.

If Larian leaves BG3 as a simple and easy experience, I won't have that many hours of gameplay.
I still cant help the feeling that this is incredibly oversimplified ...
You are talking in absolutes ...
There is option to make one of multiple tons of things easier, and even that will happen only if YOU do that. O_o
And just by presence of that option general dificulty of game itself dont change. O_o

Look, right now, Barrels are there and game is not "simply and easy" ... just look around the forum, people are here complaining about Gith, about spider Matriarch, about Minotaurs (well, they did ... not so much lately laugh ), and other encounters ... have you really heared about at least single other example of complaining about "game is too easy" except this specific topic? laugh
Therefore game is clearly not "too easy" even tho Barrels exists ... how could they "make game too easy" if they didnt so far? O_o

And quite honestly, even if someone will get that feeling that presence of Barrels ruined his game ...
I still believe he can blaim himself only. :-/ And yes, that apply even for those people, who dont use them.

If I want to tell a story, I can get a pen and paper or play D&D for real.
Good for you i gues. laugh
Do you know definition of RPG? Aka. Role-playing game? wink

If I'm not mistaken, in the D&D rule, only spellcasters can use scrolls, so it's another one of the things Larian did wrong, not because it was different from D&D, but because it's very broken, sometimes I gather so many scrolls, that there are battles where I can turn any class into a wizard, and besides, the wizard can learn spells from another class, which is also ridiculous.
I dont really know what else to say except what i allready said ... wich, btw apply for both Scrolls and Wizards.
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
We still dont know for sure (read as: Nobody from Larian made a statement about this) if that is suppose to be a feature, or Larian just didnt figure any elegant way to block using scrolls for "non-caster" classes so far.

Originally Posted by Dabedidabe
Melkisedeck destroyed your whole "just don't use it" argument
This method is in my language called "dementace" ... google translator sais that in english its "disclaim" but that dont feels right.
The whole idea of this method is that its user will use a seemingly similar argument to make completely meaningless and unrelated statements, which people will then associate with the argument, instead of focusing on what the argument was actually expressed about. ...
As I see in the local audience, this is a successful procedure ... unfortunately.
Example:

Original object of argument:
"Barrel of firewine that weigths 40Kg ... cannot be thrown ... and you need at least 16(?)Str and sacrifice major part of your whole carryweight (sometimes even all of it) to at least manipulate it."

Demented oject of argument (quoted):
"Portal opening on player's camp, and having a demon giving explosives with no weight and automatic crossbows."

If you really cant see difference between theese two objects, im affraid that im not the one who ... "lack understanding of the most basic concepts of game design and immersion" to use your own words. wink

You're still acting as if people just want others to not have fun,
I never said that ... well, i asked that few times, if that is actualy reason, bcs that i would be able to understand (kind of) ... so i can see where you get this idea.
But i only and repeately claimed that removing something that is fun for me results in me having less fun. I would say that should not require futher explanation. O_o

while I already explained to you that the presence of this stuff actually affects people's enjoyment.
No, you didnt explained anything ... you (as many others) stated it, if that is what you mean.
But never told me either why, nor how. O_o

So please, if you really already explained ... quote me anything you wrote that answers this:
Why do you need to force everyone to play the game your prefered way to have your fun?

You're making no effort at all to understand this.
Some could say that i make as much effort as you do ...
Or at least, i didnt get much "i understand your point" from the other side ... even tho i must admit that there are rare exceptions ... Blackheifer was one of them, right now i honestly cant remember anyone else, but im sure someone is still there. laugh

//Edit:
Maybe even a little more, because unlike others, I still don't feel the need to lower myself to personal attacks. wink

The stuff you're arguing for is exactly the same, you want it to be perfect for you.
I never claimed otherwise ...
Except the situations, where i claimed that my fun is not endangering yours, since you can avoid it easily. :P

Many people want an RPG to be an immersive experience, where the world is believable and their choices matter.
Well, im one of them ...
I simply dont concider removing from the game everything that i could potentialy dislike, to be "immersive" in any way. laugh

You just want a map where everything is allowed and you make your own rules.
As before, you said that not me ...
But as long as you keep seeing me like this, i dont blame you for missunderstanding everything i say ... its just mindset. smile

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 28/07/21 03:42 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown