Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
Let's be perfectly honest with ourselves, Kingmaker was only as long as it was due to all the kingdom management downtime. I wager that about half of our playtime was spent sorting that out rather than actually adventuring.

WotR has nothing like that, the actual management stuff this time around happens alongside adventuring, and it's more of a minigame rather than something that the entire game revolves around. One of the later chapters even cuts off your access to the management stuff for highly spoilerific reasons.

I'd wager that if you cut off Kingmaker's management stuff, it'd actually turn out to be a shorter game than WotR.
That's good to hear. I think Kingmaker had padding problem beyond kingdom management, but it seems a common problem of first entrys in Baldur's Gate wannabes. While I strongly disliked Kingmaker, I have a lot of fondness for Owlcat themselves, and remain hopeful for the sequel. From what I am hearing about betas, it's probably not great idea to jump day1 - especially someone like me not versed well enough in the system to differenciate between convoluted rules and bugs.