Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
I love that Baldur's gate 3 in multiplayer gives everyone such an incredible range of actions both helpful and harmful to the party.
And that is kind of experience I find no joy in, but that made D:OS2 popular I guess. And is so, not an RPG or Baldurs Gate experience.

I will be an old man and say: twitch damaged gaming.

Gatekeeping aside. The original games had multiplayer and you could attack your fellow party members and engage in other harmful actions.

So again - according to you the original Baldur's Gate games were not Baldur's Gate games.

I can only surmise that the original games simply did not exist and they are simply a collective hallucination. Maybe its related to the "Berentein bears/Berentain bears" situation. Popular theory is that we all got shunted into an alternate dimensions some 15 years back.

Just Kidding - it's also a common aspect of most RPG's to allow a range of behaviors within reason.

Although if that is your thing, there are some Christian Themed RPG's that you may like. They don't allow harmful actions. I think you actually just sing songs at the monsters and they repent or something...
Well and yes I have been told when asked in forums by other forum members is that BG3 will also get good alignment companions. All companions are likely not even released in Early Access and maybe this is my theory we can meet other companions in Act 2. One can not say we know for sure all the companions that will be in BG3. Finally they have made changes to companion behavior in BG3 patches to little less hostile towards the player.

This is funny I am not so super interested to create a character with high CHARISMA unless my class other ways benefit from it example Paladin or Sorceror.
I had Charisma 12 in early patch and when I refused to kill Lazael I can say Shadowhearth was not happy with me and I felt like nobody in the group was truly happy. Lazael and Shadowhearth seems to hate each other more or less. Well and even if Charisma 10 one should not be treated like an annoying people.

I do understand Lazael. She is like Vikings she simply look down on weak people. Her race does also attack other races. However one thing is true her race hates Mindflayers they are like their number 1 enemies.
Lazael want action and there is nothing like equal in her minds you should be good kill or be killed and she is Fighter like to kill! I do understand from where she is coming from. Her race was slaved by Mindflayers. They started to Worship an Evil Dragon God. Because of that a minority of red Dragons are allied with them and then rest Red Dragons at least do not attack them. The Red dragons made that their race Githyanki more or less found freedom from slavery from Mindflayers.

Because of that many of them worship the very Evil Dragon God. Interesting story is that the person they send to talk with Red Dragon God was never seen again (likely eaten) however the Dragon God indeed made a pact and agreed to help Githyanki in return Githyanki worship the very Evil Dragon God.

Yes her race is Evil (well at least the majority of them), but they were raised as slaves in a merciless world and have like Vikings idea yes you raid other people kill them is ok. At least they Githyanki are mortal enemies to Mindflayers that they hate above all.

There is more tension among companions (Lazael and Shadowhearth hate each other) in BG3 then Solasta. If you dont like that kind of thing then in Solasta they agree more and less tension. That said as I said I suspect even more companions will be available at full release in BG3. If you do not like tension then play BG3 with a group that agree more with each other.

Personally I will not tell all the reasons I like Lazael that goes offftopic, but she can become strong Fighter in the group as a Battlemaster. In BG3 I find Lazael in the group more interesting since I usually do not like to take most Evil route Lazael might not be so happy. Well and since my main character is not a melee first in line character there you go... have not found any better fighter companion.

Solasta discussion makes me often yawn and fast click they are boring (and ugly dolls) and not even once have my group in Solasta been keen on say PvP against each other or say even crystal clear heated quarrel despite I have not them all same alignment.

Well and if we talk about that a party that can agree with each other it was more fun to listen to comments in old BG1 and BG2 games. I find the Solasta characters discussion boring ugly dolls.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 03/08/21 05:13 PM.