Originally Posted by Terminator2020
I do not understand when you say that BG3 is not roleplay??? How would Solasta be more roleplay then BG3?
I didn't say that: I just don't find enjoyment in the gamestyle the person I have replied to described: trolling other players.
Sometimes I like to break a barrel full of firewine, or oil near a bunch of people and then throw a lit torch into it. This results in a massive explosion and all the NPC's turning hostile.

Then I yell in discord "Who the hell lit this massive fire and started this fight? Somebody fess up now!" of course the truth comes out eventually and everybody laughs.
That's what Larian games excell at. That doesn't sound like roleplaying to me. It doesn't even sound like a good coop play to me, but then again there are only few multiplayer games, and with a very selective company, that I have enjoyed. I am fine that Blackheifer enjoys that. I am happy for him. To me it's something that would get very old, very quickly.

I don't think Solasta is an RPG to begin with - it's linear tactics game using DnD combat system. I don't think D:OS1&2 were particularly good RPGs but decent coop games. I am not even sure if Baldur's Gate1&2 were good RPGs, when put against fallout1&2 or Planescape - but they were pretty darn enjoyable campaigns which decent replayibility. Baldur's Gate3 shows a lot of promise, especially when compared against D:OS2. There are things I don't like - some tied to coop, other not - but that's not here or there.

Last edited by Wormerine; 03/08/21 09:26 PM.