Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#785253 04/08/21 07:08 PM
S
sinogy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Offhand attack roll (not the damage roll) does not include ability modifier. Is this a bug or what?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by sinogy
Offhand attack roll (not the damage roll) does not include ability modifier. Is this a bug or what?

No, you need to take two-weapon Fighting as either a Ranger or Fighter in order to get the ability modifier damage on the off-hand attack.

What were you playing?

Blackheifer
S
sinogy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Blackheifer

No, you need to take two-weapon Fighting as either a Ranger or Fighter in order to get the ability modifier damage on the off-hand attack.

What were you playing?

Can you please read what I wrote in brackets!

Last edited by sinogy; 05/08/21 05:36 PM.
veteran
veteran

What were you playing?

Can you please read the what I wrote in brackets!

Ha sorry, doing too many things. Yeah it should get the modifier to hit. Can you provide more detail though? Weapons? Class?

Blackheifer
S
sinogy Offline OP
OP Offline
S

What were you playing?

Can you please read the what I wrote in brackets!

Ha sorry, doing too many things. Yeah it should get the modifier to hit. Can you provide more detail though? Weapons? Class?

Fighter with two weapon fighting style, 2 battleaxe

veteran
veteran

Ah, you must have the dual wielder feat as well.

TBH I have seen this as well where my offhand to hit will drop to something ridiculously low.

According to the PHB - You do add both your proficiency bonus and your ability modifier to the attack roll of your off-hand attack with two weapon fighting. But it sounds like this may be a bug.

Can you report this or do you want me to? Do you have a screen grab of the combat log?

Blackheifer
S
sinogy Offline OP
OP Offline
S

Ah, you must have the dual wielder feat as well.

TBH I have seen this as well where my offhand to hit will drop to something ridiculously low.

According to the PHB - You do add both your proficiency bonus and your ability modifier to the attack roll of your off-hand attack with two weapon fighting. But it sounds like this may be a bug.

Can you report this or do you want me to? Do you have a screen grab of the combat log?

You can report it because you experienced the same issue!

A
stranger
stranger
A
Yes! It's indeed bugged.

addict
addict
On a related note, the off-hand attack gets no bonus to attack roll if the target is prone.
I've no visual proof, but have tested several times with a battlemaster which had the two weapon fighting style and the dual wielder feat. Main hand attack : succesful tripping attack; offhand attack : 40% to hit.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.

Link Copied to Clipboard