Originally Posted by ash elemental
Originally Posted by Priest
Just did another playthrough, Patch 5. Many still refer to the Absolute as male.
Here are a few examples:

https://imgur.com/a/vhsLEsr
They might yet get changed later, considering that requires new voiced lines, while changing item descriptions is easier. Otherwise I'm not sure why Larian would bother to rewrite item descriptions.

Anyways, now I suspect the main plot is connected to hells, souls and the resurrection business, and the mind flayers are just being used as tools. Apart from the books in the chapel , in the fake doctor's basement there is a "nobleman's portrait" lying on the floor, which depicts Mizora (funny enough if you pick it up, in the inventory it will show a nobleman laugh ). And that wizard was doing experiments on raising dead.

There is also a letter in the harpy nest written by a warlock who, from the description, sounds like he was working for Raphael. There is a crashed boat next to the nest, so perhaps they were lured by the harpies and crashed. What is interesting is the old journal lying next to the letter, though it could be simply an easter egg. Or the warlock was carrying that journal.

Yeh, I completely agree that these voicelines might get changed later. However, it is very concerning, if true, that Larian can't get the identity of the Absolute, a main antagonist, correct.

At the moment, it is worth considering the current information, that the Absolute is referred to as male and female in addition to the fact that one line was changed from "His" to "Her". I guess this is just a "watch this space" scenario for now.

- Priest