All I can say is, elves are supposed to be beautiful. Many "elfish" depictions do not seem beautiful or attractive to me. They seem exotic, but definitely not what I would call attractive.

I think making elves a bit more human makes them prettier. However, at the same time, ot does wind up making them jist look like humans with pointy ears.

The point is, there's a fine line, and it has to be hard to walk it as a game designer. You want people to actually LIKE the character models, so you need to be careful not to male them too elvish or many will think they are unattractive.

I know people out here have mixed feelings about Solasta, and that's not what this comment is about. This comment is about how Solasta did NOT do models well. It was one of the biggest cringes for me with that game. I have a hard time liking my characters because they just don't look particularly awesome to me. Elves look a bit more elfish, maybe, but they just aren't attractive. There's maybe one face I kinda liked and maybe a few hairstyles.

So my point is, it's hard to do models well. BG3 has given us some elf characteristics but not entirely elfish appearances. Although having a bit more elfish appearances might be nice, I'd rather have them err in the direction they chose than Solasta's. Give me models I enjoy. Even if they don't fit certain molds, at least its better than having models I can't hardly stand.