"In many ways, the drow resembled other elves or eladrin.Their bodies were wiry and athletic, while their faces were chiseled and attractive, though they were shorter and thinner than other elven sub-races.- Due to a process of selective breeding that lasted for several generations,the drow (especially nobles) looked attractive even in comparison to other elven subraces. Though their alluring appearance could be used for seduction, it was more often utilized to instill fear. According to the goblin Nojheim, the beauty standards of the surface races made them prone to turn a blind eye to the deeds of the drow, showing them greater leniency and acceptance." quote Reynolds, Forbeck, Jacobs, Boyd (March 2003). Races of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast)

The official description of drows are not aligned with Larian's choise of visual representation for Minthara. You may like it, you may be happy because it reflects your real world political stance for whatever reason but all that doesn't change the fact that Minthara's look does not fit for the official descriptions that's why I say Larian's design choice on this character is not consistent with the lore. Minthara looks so modest and so drab in both v1.0 and 2.0 that even goblins look more attractive compared to her. She is too dull to be a drow.
Again, it is not about my personal choices. I haven't even spent time trying to talk to her in my play times. I just outright kill her to take the loot. I am not interested in evil playthrough. But Larian saying "hey look she is a drow" is total immersion breaker because the visual representation is not consistent with the lore. It means Larian's motives behind the design choices are not always about staying true to DnD universe and it bothers me. I don't like seeing video games being a tool for political signaling especially high fantasy ones but hey if they wanna turn their product into that then I guess they will do it. I have to suck it up but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Last edited by sinogy; 08/08/21 01:41 AM.