So when BG3 hit early access the media announced that Larian sold 1 plus million copies instantly. Currently there is no data for current sales almost 1 year after EA release.

I have been checking the steam charts on a regular basis and i can confirm BG3 was in the top 10 for a very long period of time after EA and then in the top 20 for a very long very period of time and has only just recently dropped out of the top 20.

I think it would be safe to assume Larian has sold probably 2 million copies plus already. Easily. Possibly more.

So when full release finally happens i think a conservative estimate of sales then would probably be another 5 million plus copies.

This is an incredible achievement and accomplishment from Larian. They have achieved this due to there built up fan base from DOS2 and then tapping into the D&D IP.

Moving forward what does this mean for the future of D&D and CRPGS? This is uncharted territory and potentially game changing.

Please provide you thoughts on this i really want to hear what you guys have to say.

Last edited by teclis23; 08/08/21 08:59 AM.