Originally Posted by Abits
I honestly feel like the only problem with the way Solasta did reaction (if you would even consider it a problem at all, and I'm sure a lot of people won't) is in its presentation. I don't know if it's a good example, but I think the reason why a game like persona 5 can still have turn based combat while still being super popular for a jrpg is because of its style.
Yeah. That's what I've been saying for weeks and I repeated in this same thread.

The interruption/request for confirmation in itself is not a big deal, but it needs to be presented in a "sleek" manner to be palatable to a certain audience.
A rectangular pop-in with "USE REACTION Y/N?" in the middle of the screen is not a good fit, and to keep asking Larian to do that would just be counter-productive.

On a side note, Persona 5 (and Persona as a franchise in general) is popular relatively to its genre, it's not that much of a heavy hitter in a more general sense.

Last edited by Tuco; 09/08/21 03:18 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN