Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
We were allready talking about it in context of saving Arabella ...
You have to sucess in two rolls in a row to help the girl ... i know that those rolls are not "incredibly hard" but once you fail, all you can possibly do is stand there and helpess watch child die. :-/
Unacceptable outcome for some of my planned characters ... for example when i create my Paladin, i plan to play him as almost stupidly good and honorable character ... that honorable so he would despise even things like seting a trap, or ambushing and simmilar stuff (hope that is enough to draw a picture) ... so when he would not talk Kagha to let the child go, he would simply jump between kid and snake and possibly get bitten himself ... or cast cure poison once the child is bitten ... or heal wounds ... or use revivify scroll on her ... or potion ... the options are litteraly endless, but he would NEVER just stand there and let child die (wich is curently the only thing game allows you to do)!
Curently game dont allow any ofthis (but i would love it, each and every option), so my only option is either betray my character ... or betray my game integrity and reload. laugh

No, you can also accept failure and the consequences that go with it. You are not betraying yourself, or the game integrity. IMHO this is the braver and more difficult option. Back straight, stiff upper lip. Lets see how this plays out. Could be fun.

"But I wasn't supposed to fail" - But you did, what are you the Time Variance Authority? :P

Finally, I leave you with one of my favorite quotes by Philip K Dick - one the greatest Sci Fi writers of the 20th century that almost no one has heard of, but whose work almost everyone has seen. Wrote a ton of contemporary sci-fi, died in an Asylum.

"It's easy to win. Anybody can win. It's losing that's hard."

A Scanner Darkly - Philip K Dick.

Last edited by Blackheifer; 10/08/21 01:46 PM.

Blackheifer