Originally Posted by Blackheifer
So you are looking for a Dexterity check for jumping in front of the snake to take the hit? And if you fail that do you accept the consequences? or do you Save Scum?

Or do we loop back to "The game didn't give me enough options to not fail"?
That is actualy interesting question ...

So the situation would be that my paladin would jump in front of Arabella, to sacrifice himself for her ... but snake would be faster and bite the kid anyway. Corect?

Honestly i would probably still demand using healing spells, bcs it seem like logical thing to do.
(And Swen himself promised us possibility to use spells during conversation BTW laugh )
BUT! If there will simply be option to offer healing spells, and being told by Rath(?) that it is too late, and she is alleady gone ...
I think i would accept that.
My paladin did as much as he could ... the next course of actions would ofcourse be to demand justice (or revenge w/e) on Kagha ... so my paladin would probably attack her, but that is another story. smile

Originally Posted by Blackheifer
So do you know what happens when Arabella dies?
Sure ...
You tell her parrents, they are upset and refuse to talk to you anymore ... no matter that you were just the mesenger, those bastards dont even thank you for trying. :-/

Then, when you save Halsin ... and if you didnt reveal Kagha (didnt try yet if you do), they will poison her on celebration in your camp ...
her mother have quite emotional speach abowe Kagha body when she say "i want you to feel as helpless as my poor little girl was" ... i liked that outcome.
//Edit:

Or at least that is what happened last time i tryed ... its ben some while, so its possible that some changes happened ...
I honestly dont have the willpower of trying "every possible outcome" at every patch as i was first time the game come out (possibly didnt made them all anyway tho laugh ). laugh
I think im halfway to burndown ... but not yet there, so i restricted myself to aproximately two palythrough per patch ... unless im in the mood to give it extra one. smile

Originally Posted by dwig
With regards to the Arabella situation, I do agree that there should be more options involved. At the moment even a character with high charisma and persuasion skill has a fairly high chance of failure. This would be easier to swallow if some or all of the following modifications were made:

1. Note that Arabella's death occurs when she moves suddenly at the end of the conversation. Give here a "willpower" roll to not do this (success means that she remains in captivity but does not die).

2. Give player a passive insight or perception roll to notice that Arabella is stressed and likely to do something foolish. If successful then give player a couple of extra conversation options (A: calm down, I'll help you through this B: neutral, C: get away child!) where A would give her a significant bonus to her willpower roll, and C would give her a penalty to it.

3. If Arabella survives the interaction but remains in captivity provide a suite of options that the player can follow to get her out again.
+1 I like those ideas :3

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 10/08/21 04:18 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown