Originally Posted by colinl8
Sorry if this has been already addressed elsewhere, there are a *lot* of posts to look through!

Shadowheart's pingponging through values/expectations is driving me up the wall more and more with each playthrough. She starts self-interested and focused on finding a cure - reasonable!

Then in the druids' grove,

both when you save the little tief kid from Kahga's wrath, and I think also with the kid and the harpies, she's appreciative.

Even if it's not explicit through approval notification or dialog, if it earns an inspiration with her face on, that counts as her being down with it. (Side note: I think inspirations earned by companions should count toward companion approval.)

Then Shadow's all business again, until

you slaughter the gobbos, and at the after-party she seems pleasantly surprised to have done something positive for someone else.

Neat! Maybe there's some character development going on here? After all, you've likely rested a handful of times at this point, and with the exception of La'zel, everyone else seems pretty comfortable with not bee-lining for a cure. But the next time you suggest doing anything selfless, like helping look for the next missing kid, dun DUN DUUUN! ShAdOwHeArT DiSaPpRoVeS

She seems very uneven, which is frustrating because she's one of my favorite companions. It always feels weird to me in these games when you've got something super pressing to deal with, but you want to do the sidequests. I really like that not focusing on the main quest here is justified in the party's situation, with the brain worms' effects manifesting in a manner markedly different from other infected; it helps alleviate that "why am I doing these things?" feeling. And if La'zel or Astarion aren't down with that, fine, that's totally in character, but at least for me, I feel like after doing a number of helpful things for others, and her responding positively, I'd expect Shadowheart to join team Tav-Gale-Wyll.

She is a selfish, annoying, despicable girl . Not every evil character has to be a murderhobo chaotic evil.Not to mention, this might be tied to her lore. Stop playing the first act over and over and wait for the final game, her ''good willed side'' may make more sense then. Maybe she is fond of childen, maybe she can be redeemed, maybe she was forced into shar, maybe she was a disciple of Selune or Lathander before, maybe she has two personnalities, we don't know. Its too early to judge.

If it's what it's takes to save the world, then the world doesn't deserves to be saved - Geralt