Print Thread
#787425 16/08/21 02:46 PM
B
Byakko Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Please give us the option to import/export keybinds, or to at least save profiles.

Being able to import a set of keybinds into a new profile would be awesome. I use one profile per character and have had to set the keybinds in each new profile created.

I have played with custom keybinds for years. Over the weekend, I installed a new ssd in my system and reinstalled from scratch. Today I popped into play the freshly reinstalled game, which I love only to find that all my custom keybinds in existing profiles were gone. The end result, I can't be bothered to set them up right now, so no BG3 for me.

Byakko

enthusiast
enthusiast
Personally I think that graphics settings and keybinds should be independent from game profiles and automatically shared between all of them. Every time I start a new game and create a new profile, I have to go to settings and reassign keys the way I prefer it to be (especially those that have no keys assigned to them by default, like group split / join).

This is not a game where different classes have different unique skills that might justify a different mapping for each of them.

The only situation when current approach would be valid is when the same game is played by multiple different people, each with their own keyboard mapping preferences. But this is easily sorted by using a separate user profile for each of them on the OS level. Come on, it's 2021 already.

veteran
veteran
+1

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RutgerF
Personally I think that graphics settings and keybinds should be independent from game profiles and automatically shared between all of them.
This would be a double-edged sword. if you have more than one person using different profiles and keybindings on the same PC, your suggestion would mess things up for them.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Tuco #787545 17/08/21 12:40 PM
veteran
veteran
Im sory, isnt that contrary to the condition of use? O_o

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown

Link Copied to Clipboard