Originally Posted by 1varangian
Originally Posted by Zorax
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I cant help the feeling that i was there before ...
But il ask again ... how exactly does existence of possibility to throw a potion eliminate posibility to make any tactic choice you would make if possibility to throw a potion was not there?

If enemies use that tactic. Without it you focus on their healer first and make sure he cannot heal his companions. Then you target the rest. If anyone with a Healing Potion can heal their allies, battles become much less predictable or in other words an RNG feast where you hope to land more hits in a row than the enemiy to kill them before they heal again...
That and the fact that D&D is a party and CLASS based tactical combat system.

It's a choice to include a Cleric or Druid in the party for the abilities they have i.e. healing spells. But that choice is no longer relevant when everyone can be a ranged heal bot by chucking healing cloud bombs that used to be potions.

You are conflating CLASS with ROLE - a Cleric or Druid is not your personal healbot anymore. 5E has is designed around getting away from stuff like that and I fully support it, especially from the multiplayer perspective.

Clerics and Druids are formidable on their own on the battlefield and not there to make up for other people's incompetence anymore. I am happy to tell people to not worry about taking a specific healing role unless they want to and just play what they want.

Blackheifer