Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
I believe you compare that BG3 is Forgotten Realms the most popular Dnd Universe. Example Solasta is Badlands less popular then Forgotten Realms.

BG1 and BG2 were both Forgotten Realms world.

Pathfinder 2 does it wrong. No multiplayer and they have stuff that do not belong to Dnd like
A. Mythic spells and abilities? Really I doubt that exist in Pathfinder Pen and Paper.
B. You can control an army like in Heroes strategy games. I am sorry but this was not going to be a strategy game.
C. The world is less popular then Forgotten Realms Dnd.

Hey. I wasn't talking to you. You missed my entire point and twisted it into something else anyway, but you do you.

Now I understand why some of the people more in favor of Larianisms get ticked off at purists, because lo and behold, we finally have an actual purist here. Either way, you're kinda barking up the wrong tree, derailing a thread comparing two cRPGs over semantics about what should or shouldn't be considered official material for the sake of adapting mechanics into these games.
Yes indeed I am happy many times to be person that is traditional that no want everything change and consider all changes to be good.
Let not go offtopic politics with that logic however in DnD talk see below.

However in Elves are not Elves thread
RagnarokCzD that have same as your Avatar picture wanted REALLY that Elves should be FAT and have BEARDS perhaps not every Elf, but there should be many such Elves.
Of course I am against it. Perhaps slightly little bit fat is possible for some old Mage Elf, but that would indeed be very rare. Elves are different from humans and I am not going to complain if I see fat humans in Baldurs Gate city.

No I not against fat people in real life. I simple think Elves are very different from humans in DnD that simple. I realy dont care if people have beard or a fat in real life they can still be my friends.
For example I did not like Windows 8 but I did like Windows 10 and I am not against Windows 10 as new Windows.
While Windows 7 was fairly good, but the Windows 10 OS starts Windows faster then old Windows 7.
I am not against everything NEW.

I did like DnD 3.5 , Pathfinder is fairly ok without Mythic Spells.
DnD 4th I did not like they removed lots of dice rolls and made it very difficult rules.
Wizards of Coast got the feedback and DND 5th again have the dice rolls and more simple to play and learn rules then Dnd 4th and less time sink also since more simple.
DnD 5th edition is fine.

Let me explain why I am against Mythics Spells in DnD and Pathfinder 2?
A. They are to powerful. Does not make much sense to use much spells from CORE book so much at least since when Mythic spells are available since they Mythic spells are so powerful.
B. Pathfinder is like Dnd 3.75 little bit more stuff then DnD 3.5. With Mythic it becomes even more difficult not necessary for me but for someone that have
do not know Dnd rules really. Even youtuber Wolfheart mentioned that he find Pathfinder 2 rules sometimes a bit to overwhelming to much to understand and to much choices.
C. One friend of mine (not my brother he knows Dnd rules well) does not like if learning curve is tough and there is lots of information to choose from in a game.

It is subjective taste. I have always liked more the journey being low-medium level and not like level 20 and on top of that Mythic Spells super powerful almost like a demigod. If talking about MMO:S then my logic is quite the opposite, but this whas about DnD and not a MMO game.

Well and finally when they skipped adding Multiplayer to Pathfinder 2 they added that you can control a freaking army and play Pathfinder 2 as a strategy game.
What has that controlling an army and playing a strategy game with armies to do with DnD? Nothing.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 18/08/21 04:34 AM.