Originally Posted by Anfindel
MMO's aren't necessarily boring - my wife I were long time EQ enthusiasts, mostly due to the Raid end of the game, which was generally quite complex and challenging.

Sadly, morning sickness (water, flight and other environmental issues sent her running for the porcelain god) and then mom stuff ended my wife's involvement, and once our daughter was up past dinner time, my inability to spend hours a night raiding curtailed my raiding as well.

Still get the urge every so often, but none of what is out there right now seems particularly attractive. If Pantheon ever actual moves forward, I will likely give it a shot, as by then my daughter will be off to college and I will be retired with time on my hands.
I understand real life can affect ability to play a TIME SINK. Yes Everquest is a classic one of the first true excellent MMO:s. I admit though that I have never played it. The reason I eventually quit MMO:S is to much TIME SINK and it continues in eternity you can never finish it.

For example World of Warcraft MMO is such a MMO and that I played over 3 years and then quit. I played WOW in the early days played it in BETA but due so slow computer decided to miss the initial release.... However when I played it again like roughly 2 years after initial release (and then I had new computer) it was glorious when the Wrath of Lichking expansion was released I got to experience it as the newest RAID content. At that point WOW MMO set is record over 12 million active players. Well and Wrath of Lichking WOW expansion is popular indeed the Game of Thrones author has basically copied more or less the idea of Undeads and example Undead Dragon from that expanison (or they randomly seem to have same theme which I doubt).

BG3 sales will also be bumped up by players that do not have time to play a TIME SINK MMO. That is absolutely fine. At no point while eager to play AOC have I declared MMO:s are better then none MMO games.
It is apples vs oranges and I like to eat them both personally well and in MMO:s I guess it is to much to eat I can have many years break from all MMO:s or decide to quit that kind of fruit.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 24/08/21 05:51 AM.