Originally Posted by GM4Him
Originally Posted by Avallonkao
Look at the meme thread, check the BG3meme videos. You'll notice that most of the videos are about Astarion, because that's what he is, a meme.

So was Trump, but that didn't change anything. He was still the previous American president. Being a meme just means you've gotten people's attention. That's all.

What is the point of this entire thread? Are you all hoping they'll decide to axe Astarion?... change him?... or is this just a complaining thread meant to gripe about how you don't like Astarion?

He very much fits D&D FR lore. I see nothing wrong with his character. He's not fitting the vamp spawn perfectly, but that gives him a bit of unique qualities. He's not just a Twilight vamp or a Anne Rice vamp. He's his own unique self. He should be. He's been set free in an unconventional way.

And if the complaint is he isn't original enough, I ask you, "What is? What exactly would make him acceptable to you?"

If you see nothing wrong, if you like him as he is, well, Good for you. I personally just like him as a meme character, one that is over the top and uninteresting unless is to make fun.