Originally Posted by GM4Him
Ah heck. I thought this one was posted in Suggestions and I was trying to figure out what they were suggesting. Sounded like a suggestion to remove or totally change him, which I don't want.

I also think you haven't seen the true Astarion. You all judge so quickly on all these characters. The way I see him, and the little hints I've caught, he's messing with you all. He's making you think he's just some subservient, flamboyant victim.

I could be wrong, but it's only 20% of the game right now. I'm fairly certain Astarion, and all of them, have yet to show their true colors.
I don't know who are you referring to when saying "you all", and I am also not sure how your interpretation of Astarion is so different than anyone else's.

As for my interpretation, I would say he is a victim to some degree. But does it say anything meaningful about him or his actions? Dunno, but I doubt it. I see him as an evil guy that the only logical way one should deal with him is to kill on sight.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."