Originally Posted by ash elemental
Encounter design so far is not very good, worse than PK imo. I've just played through a scenario where the allied crusade melee fighters stood there doing nothing, unless the enemy got very close to them. It feels like an unintended comedy, except it makes turn based unplayable due to the sheer number of combined ally and enemy units.
I've been saying this for months since I started playing the beta: it's over-tuned as hell.
There are a lot of encounters that (unless played in some "easy mode" where you conveniently tune down things that are giving you trouble) seem to be designed under the assumption that going in with an entire collection of buffs is the only possible way to have a chance, still with the possibility of being fucked over by RNGesus.

People who threw a fit for the "HP bloat" in BG3 would attempt ritual suicide playing WoTR.

I'm liking the game, overall, but holy fucking shit if when it comes to encounter design Owlcat doesn't seem like that sweaty DM who tries too hard to be the enemy of his players at the table rather than having as a main goal to give them a good time playing.

P.S. For the record I played that entire siege in turn-based mode and with "Core rules" setting and I didn't have much of a problem. It's nowhere near to be the most infuriating encounter in the game that I played so far.

Also, just crossed one hour ago an annoying bug that made the Wights in the Pitaxian Wine Cellar completely immortal and unkillable. A dev said it's a known issue, but I wonder how long it will take to fix it.

Last edited by Tuco; 04/09/21 06:52 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN