Originally Posted by Topgoon
PSA for Fellow WoTR Players: DO NOT use the respec function:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/comments/pnzyzj/avoid_respecs_until_the_next_patch/

Crusaders! An important announcement: We are now working on an issue that turned out to be really serious and the fix deeply affected the internal structure of the game. Please note that if you saved after using respec in Act II or further, your saved game may remain corrupted, potentially blocking your playthrough. Mythic Demon and Lich are the most affected by this problem. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused, and strongly recommend to revert back to a save made before respeccing. Please stay away of the respec function up until the next patch. The problem will be gone then.

A bit of clarification on this:

The issue is that respec bug was affecting the mechanics so deeply, that we were not able to guarantee that your game will manage to repair itself even after the fix is deployed. I.e. things may be so broken in a given playthrough after respec, that even a fix won't help it. Highest chance to bump into this is with demon and lich mythics, other mythics have a chance to be affected, but it's considerably lower.

It does not necessarily mean your game won't work or that it will suddenly stop working after the patch - it simply means that if it was already broken, there's a chance it will remain such. Thus we recommend to revert back to an old save if possible.

Patch itself is about to come really shortly. Issue is fixed there and respeccing after patch is no longer dangerous.

Apparently it's the Demon and LIch campaign's that are most affected. Owlcat hasn't been clear on how to determine if your save game has issues. I'm personally losing about 7-8 hours of gameplay if I have to back (having respecced on Sunday), though I'm playing an Angel so I might just risk it. Make sure you do not respec for now.
Too late. God damn it.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."