Originally Posted by GM4Him
Anyway, back to PF. So frustrated with it right now. Can't figure out what to do now, wandering aimlessly, running into enemies that are too tough. I'm about ready to just stop playing.
In my experience (currently act iv) it pays off to have at least one character who can reliably touch ac. Because the bloat on normal ac gets ridiculous in this game, while touch ac remain relatively low. My party just fought an enemy with 71 normal ac and 17 touch ac. To hit something like that with fighters you need to know how to raise the numbers yourself, whereas e.g. a grenadier alchemist will have no issue. Bombs target touch ac, ignore spell resistance, with the ascendant element feat ignore energy resistance, so about the only thing the enemy can do is reflex save.

For defense, it's the same as in PK: the animal companion is the cheapest option. With items and buffing you can get the ac very high on some of them (the triceratops looks bulky, though I haven't tested it). Easiest to get one is through Seelah, as she can choose a horse. Alternatively, Lann can be easily made into a druid.