Martials are not boring at low levels. They have meaningful choices about battlefield positioning even if they don't have a million activated abilities. If only Larian weren't actively working towards making positioning completely irrelevant by placing all fights on vast open battlefields without any choke points and giving everyone new ways to avoid AoO's or jump/teleport.

Larian's battlefields lack dynamics. Completely. Every battlefield is a huge open space with a lot of verticality even when indoors or the Underdark. When did you ever have a hallway fight in BG3 where your frontliners mattered? That's right you didn't. Not only do more closed spaces not exist, but even if they somehow did, the enemies would teleport or start throwing fire bombs and spitting poison pools at your back row, right over the frontliners. This is the only way Larian can do combat, unfortunately. No dynamics.

As the party Fighter I would feel important if I could hold down a damn doorway and actually protect my party. But Larian has me chasing after enemies who jump and teleport around everywhere. And a million gimmicky abilities from weapons aren't going to change that.

Last edited by 1varangian; 15/10/21 08:18 PM.