Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
U
Ulgrym Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
U
Here's what I'd like to see in Patch #7 (and please, add your own to this).

Level increases well beyond level 4!

Go back to the previous hot bar. You can limit it to 12 slots per row (since that is the max number of hot keys assigned). Better yet, make the entire UI customizable and movable.

Reduce the size of the toggled ability icons to fit 4 in that one small area, which should make room on the right for other hot areas.

Cut the size of the character icons on the left to 3/4 current, which should allow for 6 characters in the party if and when allowed.

If you're going to keep the dirty / bloody faces and clothes, let us wash it off. There is water everywhere on the ravaged beach, and at camp. Clicking on it and selecting "Wash" is not unreasonable. There is also the spell Create Water that can be dropped down on the characters which could, and should, act as a power-shower, and wash all of the blood, guts, and grime away.

Speaking of water, there are already fishing poles in the game, let us fish for our food occasionally.

On the Nautiliod deck cut scene, return to the Dragon landing on the deck and breaking it off.

Go back to patch 5's character idles for Githyanki.

Start Lae'zel with full Githyanki gear. Armor, Boots, and Bracers, and a non-magical Githyanki styled sword. Custom created Githyanki characters "could" start with that as well.

Add classes and sub-classes / domains / pacts / schools of magic / etc. like Death Domain for Clerics and Pact of the Tome for Warlocks.

When in camp, I want to spend more time being able to play with / pet Scratch!!!!!

Astarion:
Let us kill him when he tries to feed on us. Any Ranger and Shadowheart can pick locks, remove traps, and his sneak attack bonuses are seldom usable.

If a character is not currently in the party, they shouldn't have an opinion on the choices you just made.

Go back to the cut scene from patch #4 when first meeting Lae'zel. Her expressions were better. Although dialog between her and another Githyanki should be altered so she acknowledges your character as another Githyanki when you ask who she is. "I am Lae'zel, of creche K'liir. Together, we will seize this ship, and punish the Ghaik that dared kidnap us".

More to come as I think of them.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Reworked Reactions. At least lvl 5. Shield. Fireball. Counterspell. Fix spell scroll mess. Some decent heavy armor options.

addict
addict
D/N cycle

RTS controls

Grit system applied to scenarios and NPCs.

Better attack animations with executions, dismemberment, shield and armor blocks

Solasta-style UI

Writing overhaul.

Last edited by IrenicusBG3; 17/10/21 03:21 AM.
veteran
veteran
Sorted by prioritites for me:

- Forget limitation ... Allow us to create hotbar as big as we want to ...
Let us expand it to the left, if right side of the screen is allready full (and i mean FULL not reaching some limit "per row") ... or let us show anoter row, if we keep clicking on expand, once we reach our monitor edge ...

- Let us untie reactions, and metamagic ... and either move them to the top of hotbar as another row expanding from other side, or simply allow us to hide them, just as we do with combat log.

Then the usual stuff ...

- Allow us to choose starting gear ... including racial styled armors & weapons ...
- Include gloves to class sets, no stats needed, just visual.
- Finaly get rid of those (hopefully placeholder) generic gear for original classes. frown
- Allow us to collor our gear ...
- Add a mirror to our camp, so we can adjust our look (this should be quite easy, i dont understand why its still not here)
- Monk (or Barbarian)
- Show us either Half Orc, or Dragonborn ... preferably both, as NPC at least.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
The ability to look at the world above eye level (proper z axis movement)
Day/night cycle with one long rest per day (make it a menu option for those that don't care for balance)
Camp conversations with companions to happen anywhere so we are not forced to be lazy weaklings just to hear what they have to say
Customizable hotbars or at least to have more slots on the one we have
A proper reaction system and the Shield spell added
Half Orcs

veteran
veteran
D/N cycle
Party of 5
Shove is an action
Hide is an action
UI overhaul (hotbar really suck)
Non origin companions
Better reactions
Random/scripted encounters at camp
Better itemization
Short rest overhaul
No more chain system

Last edited by Maximuuus; 17/10/21 11:13 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
stranger
stranger
I love these threads...

Patch 5: Here's a sandwich
Patch 6: Here are two waffles and a slice of bacon

What do you want for Patch 7?
I want a fully fledged 12 course meal and two barrels of fine wine, please

Maybe keep it realistic just a bit, guys.

veteran
veteran
What I actually wish for:

- D/N cycle
- A completely revamped control system, at least as an option.
- A reaction system worth of its name
- A revamped UI that ditches hotbars or supplement them with better menu
- Options to support natively a party of 6 characters and party formations
- Ditching the instanced camp system for a better contextual one (something similar to Pathfinder or Solasta)

What I find more realistic to expect :

- A somewhat improved reaction system that still fails the mark in many ways. Maybe?
- A class and one race that doesn't require too much work to be added now (i.e. gnomes).
- Several visual tweaks and improvements to cutscenes.
- Even more questionable homebrew.

Last edited by Tuco; 17/10/21 11:47 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Mostly same as wishlist for patch6, minus removing advantage from highground as that wish has been granted:
-UI overhaul, even more needeed now with extra skills and smaller hotbar.
-Better movement/grouping system, more responsive characters (action chaining system?), chaining sucks.
-Better reactions
-Maybe nerf some weapons skills - I am still didn't fully form my opinion on that.
-With a graphic overhaul, I am kinda wishing for WASDa and proper third person camera. Not sure how practical would that be (item interaction seems nearly impossible from that view with wierd item "hitboxes" and items overlapping.

addict
addict
-get rid of the chain system, maybe it's just me but it seems even fussier after patch 6.
- revamp the UI, I think it needs a complete overhaul it does not compare to the general excellence evident in so many other aspects of the game.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ranxerox
-get rid of the chain system, maybe it's just me but it seems even fussier after patch 6.
Join the good fight here: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=679414#Post679414

Thread hasn't been bumped up for a while because at this point we already said all there is to say on that topic multiple times over, but having new users joining the choir can only help to let Larian realize just how much their chain system sucks.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Here’s my list:
  • Halsin made a companion
  • Option to have the pc be the person npcs talk to when dialogue starts automatically (rather than a companion)
  • SWTOR-style group conversations for multiplayer
  • Transmog, ability to color armor, and more armor added to the game

Last edited by Icelyn; 17/10/21 12:55 PM.
S
S
- Better group navigation no chain do it like all the other games did it With (customizable) formations
- Better / less annoying battles. At the moment the foes jumping and teleporting to much. They always go for my mage avoiding my fighter so the fighter has to run aufter the foes all the time.
- lvl 5
- more than 4 companions in your party. This is decent for a game like Dragon Age which have only 4 classes at all. But for a D&D game which gives you many classes it is to limited.
- Better UI s (Pathfinder games!)

i feel sorry for Larian. Now they not only get the D:OS fanboys grumbling they also get the BG / cRPG fanbys moaning wink

Last edited by schpas; 17/10/21 01:25 PM.
F
addict
addict
F
Level 5. And much improved UX / QoL.

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
veteran
veteran
Non origin/ mercenary companions would be an interesting mechanical reason to replay. We could try many builds that the handful of companions do not offer. + level 5-6.

My biggest wish overall for BG3 now is a complete UI redesign. The infuriatingly bad UI is actually stopping me from playing the game.

veteran
veteran
Great lists! Agree strongly with most of what's been asked for here.

Love the idea of fishing for food. Maybe also hunting and setting snares. smile

Last edited by kanisatha; 17/10/21 03:39 PM.
addict
addict
Bigger parttty cap:) Need to keep focus on one thing.

Originally Posted by Maximuuus
D/N cycle
Party of 5
Shove is an action
Hide is an action
UI overhaul (hotbar really suck)
Non origin companions
Better reactions
Random/scripted encounters at camp
Better itemization
Short rest overhaul
No more chain system

This and a day and night cycle and the game has a chance of being a 10/10

enthusiast
enthusiast
Obligatory 'Goblin Player race' comment.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Agree with all the list here - UI/UX and movement system probably being #1.

Another thing I'm hoping they bring in earlier than later in the EA would be the Mercenaries system (even if roughly at first).

I like the companions quite enough, but since we're replaying everything with each patch, it'll be really great to just be able to go with Mercs and use party compositions we haven't been able to yet.

I.e. next patch I would love to run a Moon Druid + Dragon Sorc + New Class + Ranger party. Just something different.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard