Originally Posted by Etruscan
Originally Posted by GSNDJB1
The enemy attacking your party head-on would be more realistic? No, absolutely not. I just like the way the foes teleporting and jumping just to find a good position. The key point of the combat in BG3 is you need to find a better position than your enemies, as well as using different spell just to deal with the enemies which is much more dangerous to you party, with higher priority. This is also the key point of the turn-based game. If the enemy always attacking the warrior and ignore your wizard with only 1 HP - this is not what you call realistic, this is stupid.

I don't really agree with this analysis. How else do you fight someone but head on, unless it is an ambush? Once the element of surprise is over and you have launched your attack from behind or the side, you can guarantee your foe, provided they are still standing, will the be facing you head on.

Not that bringing reality into a fantasy game holds much weight but I'd hazard a guess that once a fight starts (these aren't battles, given the small number of people involved in the fighting), the last thing you'd want to do is show your back to an enemy in an attempt to get away and find a 'good position'. There is too much emphasis on positioning and the environment in this game.

You must misunderstand my meaning. There was an opinion in this thread saying that foes are too dynamic right now, and they should attack your party head-on instead of teleporting or jumping to the back of your party trying to find a better position for themselves, which means the player could hide their wizard behind the warrior easily, and I just disagree with this opinion. I agree with you that this game emphasis on positioning and the environment, but I don't find it is harmful, and for other people who love this type of fight, they may find it attractive and strategically challenging. Actually this is one of the core features of this game which they put a lot effort to develop complex fight environments. So in my opinion, such a suggestion is meaningless because they will not change it at this stage of game development. The only thing they can and will do is to balance the advantage of the environment, such as the weakening of the highland advantage in patch 6.