Originally Posted by Lastman
Cleaned up version. With spell submenus for 9 levels... with backpack and scrollcase and cantrips.
Of course this is just a edited if they did it from scratch, sky is the limit!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Much stronger! Thanks again for taking the time. It's just much simpler to have a conversation with visuals to help support and frame out what we're actually talking about.

It's hard to parse these things in language. I can see the logic already there. The key point being what can be moved/collapsed/expanded to provide more than a single option set in stone. But where they both can work. Or something else even, like putting the submenus somewhere else on the screen. Say left side or vertical. Still have the massive general hotbar along the whole bottom of the screen like the other pic, with both up. It's just a matter of how much view screen the player wants to give up in favor of the UI, or where they want put it, close or expand.

We might each have different aesthetic preferences for how things should look (I wish they'd give us something more there in terms of a customizable UI Dungeon Display) or what should be a default, but I can see how the one bridges into the other vice versa, if its more modular that is. I like the idea. Certainly better than the current