Originally Posted by Rhobar121
Originally Posted by 1varangian
Originally Posted by GSNDJB1
If the enemy always attacking the warrior and ignore your wizard with only 1 HP - this is not what you call realistic, this is stupid.

This is only partially true.

In good tactical combat you should have ways to control the battlefield to protect the weak party members. You should be able to soft lock enemies with a melee fighter and threaten AoOs if they try to go for the Wizard. But Larian has even Minotaurs and Hook Horrors jumping wherever they please i.e. on top of Gale without drawing any AoOs.

You should also be able to move the Wizard behind foliage or other terrain for cover. But cover doesn't exist in BG3. Enemies shoot you down through full cover foliage or even through another tanky PC without any penalty or line of sight issues.

We should be able to give the enemy tough choices to go for the 1hp Wizard but right now it's a no brainer for them. If Larian can't create good tactical combat providing us with defensive options, they should balance it out with the AI being less metagaming ruthless (beelining for the lowest AC).

I prefer it as it is now than AI mindlessly attacking warriors on the front line. If the player himself can focus on the enemy mages, why can't the enemy do the same?
Where did I suggest that AI should mindlessly attack front liners or that I should be able to easily focus fire enemy casters?

I was talking about how melee should matter more and how things like cover should exist in a good tactical combat game.