Originally Posted by auriejir
please, don't make level one priests summon her deity (one which is just the dark half of the goddess that created this world) on a fit of rage just because another level one asked her not too insult the other half of the goddess that created the world... even for an origin character, this is way too much edge, there is a reason why astarion is a charred corpse next to the nautiloid carcass and it is not entirely that his job interview was to dodge this sacred flame...

Right, and I suppose I should avoid being hyperbolic in a thread about how this stuff may be confusing to new players not particularly well versed in the lore. The point was not to have Shadowheart flatten the MC at first meeting like the ultimate edgequeen, but that the developers need to do something! Something in the narrative set up which makes this material more real and consequential as opposed to just random books on random shelves that probably never get opened.

Though honestly if the reason to avoid this stuff, is to make sure Astarion can avoid the smuldering as a pregen MC, I still think that's a big part of what's wrong with this game. If the protognist is Astarion then he should have some kind of setup where he's on the run from Kelemvor and sweating off that a lot more than the Shar vs Selune dual aspect dispute. Obviously! lol (or perhaps not? if you're new to the game and the setting) which is the point of this thread. I still dislike the origin idea eclipsing everything else, but at least that would be something.

Originally Posted by JandK
PLAYER: Dude, she's wearing onyx earrings. It's very obviously a symbol of dedication. I'm not going to suffer a priestess of Shar to live.

Heheh JandK, that DM player exchange description just made me snort-chuckle my coffee out my nostrils. Nice!
grin

Last edited by Black_Elk; 23/10/21 02:06 AM.