Originally Posted by robertthebard
blah blah truch truch
You know, my motivation for writing this thread was to address the fact that the fundamental D&D concepts of an adventuring day and rest are currently not implemented at all in the game. Spamming rest is not an implementation of D&D rules. It's not even an interpretation of them, it's blatantly ignoring rules. And it's not just me who thinks Larian's rest system sucks, apparently Larian thinks so too, otherwise, they wouldn't have made a futile attempt at making it suck less by adding food requirements. So, the point was to fix a mechanical issue.

What you seem to be hung up on is companion-related content. It is something that hasn't even crossed my mind when writing this. But since that seems like a big problem for people, it is shocking to see the unbelievable lack of imagination, since this "problem" is beyond banal to solve. And the solution is painfully obvious - disentangle companion interaction with the need to sleep. But no, you will not argue for a common-sense solution, you are arguing that we should keep literally the most fundamental concept of D&D, an adventuring day, completely broken so that you can have all the companion interaction in the stupid way Larian has intended you to - before sleeping.

Just delete your account and go away.