Originally Posted by LordRhaegar
Originally Posted by robertthebard
blah blah truch truch
You know, my motivation for writing this thread was to address the fact that the fundamental D&D concepts of an adventuring day and rest are currently not implemented at all in the game. Spamming rest is not an implementation of D&D rules. It's not even an interpretation of them, it's blatantly ignoring rules. And it's not just me who thinks Larian's rest system sucks, apparently Larian thinks so too, otherwise, they wouldn't have made a futile attempt at making it suck less by adding food requirements. So, the point was to fix a mechanical issue.

What you seem to be hung up on is companion-related content. It is something that hasn't even crossed my mind when writing this. But since that seems like a big problem for people, it is shocking to see the unbelievable lack of imagination, since this "problem" is beyond banal to solve. And the solution is painfully obvious - disentangle companion interaction with the need to sleep. But no, you will not argue for a common-sense solution, you are arguing that we should keep literally the most fundamental concept of D&D, an adventuring day, completely broken so that you can have all the companion interaction in the stupid way Larian has intended you to - before sleeping.

Just delete your account and go away.

Reads as: "but my idea is being challenged, and I can't handle it".

Check it out, you're concerned with "fixing a game mechanic", and yet, want to cry when I point to other mechanics that are broken, that are directly tied to the mechanic you want to "fix", with no apparent solutions to the things that are already broken, and yet, want to claim "final solution".

So, how, exactly, is "pressure them to take a long rest for comp/tadpole content" going to work when they don't have your 100 rest points? This was your stated solution to a problem that I pointed out with it, and yet, the closest thing I've gotten to a response is "delete your account and go away"? So, despite "final solution", it's not even solving issues that are, despite how much resentment you have, tied directly to the system. You're more concerned about what other players might be doing, than any real problems with the game. What other motivations would there be for dismissing inherent issues with your system with things like "delete your account and go away"?

So instead of trying to solve these issues, you resort to this. How is it going to address my issues with the current system? How are you going to "pressure" me to take a long rest, if I don't have 100 rest points to take it? Instead of strawman arguments, or straight out attacking me with "delete your account and go away", how about you actually present some real answers to flaws in your "final solution"? I understand that this is a challenging issue for people that don't like having their "brilliance" called into question, but none of this provides any solutions to the inherent problems in your "system".