Originally Posted by LordRhaegar
Agree, but is it worse than this, where rest, and especially short rest, have no meaning whatsoever? And this is where game difficulty could come into play. For lower difficulties, give lots of points and make even the free Points "grinding" easy. On higher difficulties, make players play smarter.

Worse or not is not what I care about when I'm reading suggestions, especially about such an important mechanic.

I want to play on harder mode and I'm absolutely fine with "playing smarter", but I don't want at all :

- to be eventually stuck if I don't choose well my last combat (let's say the one that gives me 20 points instead of 30)
- to grind points in a "mini game" to get the 10 missing points.

The answer you gave to the problems that are raised are not convincing me at the moment. I don't want to be punished and eventually loose hours if I didn't do the right things.

An option to "replenish your points" would be better, even if it does not make a lot of sense.
I'd personnaly try not to use it, but I'd be able to if I really have to.

The big + of your system is that it can give a notion of time passing, which is probably the biggest and maybe the only issue with the system in BG3.
Time is the key and if time does not exist in the game (which is a HUGE mistake), it could probably be managed trough something that looks like your suggestion.

But to me it really looks more complicated than adding a clock and a button to wait when you're at camp.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 23/10/21 03:37 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus