Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
Taking your ball and going home with it on the first sign of resistance is definitely a good way to have people consider your point of view.

Headcanon'd reasoning does not make up for what is otherwise awkward pacing. The fact that you're the only one in this thread going to such lengths to explain it to this level means most of the audience doesn't really buy the way it's currently presented in the game.

And again, it is a work in progress. I half suspect these scenes are going to get moved to much later in the game and we'll get proper romances, Larian just put them in this haphazardly just to give people something else to talk about. And it works, half the conversations about Astarion and Minthara especially boil down to their sex scenes more than anything else right now.

First, the other poster was being aggressively rude, in my opinion. I believe it's better to stop that kind of conversation before it flames into uglier language. In other words, if you don't have anything nice to say, perhaps it's better to say nothing.

Second, I'm not here to convince anyone to think anything. I'm simply expressing my viewpoint and offering it forward as feedback. Along the way, I'm happy to have discussions with people who are not being rude.

Third, if you're pointing to the tiny handful of people involved in this discussion and trying to make some larger point about the percentage of players who agree or disagree... you might find that you need a larger sampling. I dare say the posters here don't represent the tens of thousands of players who regularly watch BG3 clips on sites like Youtube.

Fourth, it is a work in progress, yes. I don't think that invalidates conversation.